cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Visual Voicemail Problem

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Having wasted almost an hour on chat to a 'Guru', I still have the same problem I started with!  So thought I might get more luck here.

I have recently switched from a Pay monthly contract to a Pay & Go.  I have a new SIM free iPhone 6 and have it all set up. 

Problem is, when I click on the Voicemail icon it immediately just dials my voicemail (which then charges me).  I had visual voicemail previously and loved it but it's disappeared.  The Gurus assure me it is included with Pay & Go but I'm wondering if that is true.  Or am I doing something wrong?

Would be so grateful if anyone can help please.

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93170 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6966 Solutions
5 REPLIES 5

jonsie
  • 93170 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6966 Solutions
Message 2 of 6

MI5
  • 144145 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27623 Solutions

I'm pretty sure it's only on contract too because you need the iData apn for it to work.
Voicemail will be free on PAYG after May 7th though slight_smile

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 6

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@jonsie is right: http://shop.o2.co.uk/update/visualvoice.html

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 4 of 6

jonsie
  • 93170 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6966 Solutions
Message 5 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm glad you guys have confirmed that, as I've also received conflicting advice from Customer Services regarding Visual Voicemail. I'm not all that bothered to be honest, but it does seem strange that this feature (and the TU Go App) are only available for pay monthly customers. There surely can't be any technical reasons why it wouldn't be feasible to offer those services to PAYG customers as well.
Message 6 of 6