cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Video guides for your iPhone (iOS6 and under)

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi guys,

Our community member Fatboy has made some fantastic iOS video guides. Because they're so helpful, I've collected them all in this thread. Please feel free to use this thread for suggesting topics or adding your own videos. I'll regularly update this post with the latest from the community.

Using your iPhone as a Personal wifi Hotspot aka Tethering

More info

Enabling smilies / Emoji keyboard

More info

How to turn off the subject field in messages

More info

How to "Forget Network" / Wifi connection issues

More info

How to check how much data you've used

More info

Using Apple Maps like a SatNav

More info

Battery tips

More info

Message 1 of 45
44 REPLIES 44

Liquid
Level 44: Clearly Talented
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
*must not make anti-mac jokes*restrains self*

Good work as always Fatboy:) these videos will come in handy:) every so often I use my sisters mac book and I'm lost every time:(

they just scare me if I'm honest I kept expecting to format the hard drive using a windows keyboard shortcut haha grin
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 21 of 45

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Liquid wrote:
*must not make anti-mac jokes*restrains self*

Good work as always Fatboy:) these videos will come in handy:) every so often I use my sisters mac book and I'm lost every time:(

they just scare me if I'm honest I kept expecting to format the hard drive using a windows keyboard shortcut haha grin

Smiley LOL

Thanks Liquid.

I've just checked with Cheat Sheet and there's no keyboard shortcut for opening Disk Utility/formatting the drive, so your OK haha.

I must admit when I first had a play around on a Mac in an Apple Store I was a little bit frightened by the various things I was unfamiliar with. But after a relitively short period of time everything becomes clear, especially when you can ask questions and pick up tips from other Mac users on various forums.

A lot of things are done similar to how its done on Windows, for example, pressing the CTRL key on a Windows keyboard and C (to copy) on a Mac its CMD key and C. Yeah there's a bit of a learning curve for learning different ways to do things but its not that bad to be honest.

Message 22 of 45

Anonymous
Not applicable

How to safely eject a USB device on a Mac.

Message 23 of 45

Anonymous
Not applicable

How to easily find the photo, file your looking for on a Mac.

Message 24 of 45

Anonymous
Not applicable

Using Spotlight on Mac.

Message 25 of 45

Anonymous
Not applicable

Using the Apple Maps app for spoken turn by turn directions (basically like a Satnav)

Message 26 of 45

Anonymous
Not applicable

Copy or Move files, folders on Mac.

Message 27 of 45

Anonymous
Not applicable

When I made the video the other day on how to safely eject a USB device on a Mac. I forgot another method that can be used to eject a USB device, so this video is an addition to this video.

Message 28 of 45

Anonymous
Not applicable

Neat keyboard shortcut for instantly putting Mac to sleep.

Message 29 of 45

Anonymous
Not applicable

How to do fine volume adjustment on a Mac.

Message 30 of 45