cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrading through carphone warehouse.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi guys, 

I've been with o2 for six years now, and recently my Iphone 6 was due an upgrade. I upgraded through the carphone warehouse to an Iphone 7+ as they had a better deal than upgrading directly through o2 (£51.50 a month for 3GB of data whereas I could have only got 1GB of data for £53 a month if I upgraded directly through o2!). I've only realised now that the carphone warehouse contracts aren't on refresh. The phone isn't being delivered until the end of October. I've already made the upfront payment, however the contract hasn't yet upgraded as I'm still only paying the airtime bill for the iPhone 6. 

Is it best that I stay with the refresh plan by cancelling the carphone warehouse order and waiting until the phones come into stock and upgrade directly through o2? 

Otherwise, if I continue with carphone warehouse:

Would I be able to upgrade with o2 directly again after the two year contract has finished and when will I start being billed for the new contract? 

Hopefully that all makes sense! Astounded

Message 1 of 2
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
If you stay with CPW you have to stay 2 years or buy out of your entire contract which would be your monthly payment multiplied by the number of months remaining.
After that, you can upgrade wherever you want next time.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2
1 REPLY 1

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
If you stay with CPW you have to stay 2 years or buy out of your entire contract which would be your monthly payment multiplied by the number of months remaining.
After that, you can upgrade wherever you want next time.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 2