cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrades

Anonymous
Not applicable
My iphone 5 contract finishes on the 25th of October 2014 and I am keen to get the iphone 6 plus but it insinuates on the site and the my O2 app that if I wait till October 25th as opposed to paying off the rest of my contract earlier, I will get a free upgrade. Is this the case with the iphone 6 or will I have to put a deposit down for it?
Thanks, Phoebe
Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Phoebe and Welcome to the Forum.

If your on a Refresh Tariff you can pay off the handset plan and upgrade when you want. You'll need to choose a new tariff also.

If your on an older 2 year tariff then yes wait until your natural upgrade date as indicated in your Myo2 or their will be a fee to pay to wind up your current 2 year contract. O2 on 202 can clarify what that fee would be.

Regarding free upgrade.

It all depends at the time you upgrade. Right now the iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 plus do have handset fees dependant on which you choose and which tariff you go for.

Also take a look at the independents such as Carphone Warehouse although they cannot offer the Refresh Tariff but only 2 year contracts.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Phoebe and Welcome to the Forum.

If your on a Refresh Tariff you can pay off the handset plan and upgrade when you want. You'll need to choose a new tariff also.

If your on an older 2 year tariff then yes wait until your natural upgrade date as indicated in your Myo2 or their will be a fee to pay to wind up your current 2 year contract. O2 on 202 can clarify what that fee would be.

Regarding free upgrade.

It all depends at the time you upgrade. Right now the iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 plus do have handset fees dependant on which you choose and which tariff you go for.

Also take a look at the independents such as Carphone Warehouse although they cannot offer the Refresh Tariff but only 2 year contracts.
Message 2 of 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144176 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
The iPhone 6 is free on some tariffs but an upfront cost is required on others, so your answer will depend on which tariff you take and not when you upgrade.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 6

Pickles
Level 17: Luminescent
  • 564 Posts
  • 10 Topics
  • 17 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
My iphone 5 contract finishes on the 25th of October 2014 and I am keen to get the iphone 6 plus but it insinuates on the site and the my O2 app that if I wait till October 25th as opposed to paying off the rest of my contract earlier, I will get a free upgrade. Is this the case with the iphone 6 or will I have to put a deposit down for it?
Thanks, Phoebe

Welcome to the forum slight_smile

I ordered the 6 Plus and said 6-7 week delivery.  So would prob arrive after your contract ended.

Samsung S8
Message 4 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
I've known the despatch dates move around so fast to being out of stock to suddenly available it may/may not be the current time quoted.
Message 5 of 6

Pickles
Level 17: Luminescent
  • 564 Posts
  • 10 Topics
  • 17 Solutions

That is true.  The iPhone 6 Plus now says out of stock.  So they might unexpectantly get some more supplies in.  The 6-7 week could be precaution on their part. 

Samsung S8
Message 6 of 6