cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrades, sainsburys colleague & iPhone 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
I currently work for sainsburys and have a discount card, and my iPhone contract is up in March/April. I've heard that sainsburys staff get discount off O2 contracts is that true? And I've also seen that the iPhone 6 is excluded from this deal... I was wondering when it would be available on the 30% deal as the contracts are a bit too pricey at the moment with it being a new phone, but I woud really like an iPhone 6 as my next phone. Hoping someone can answer my questions here slight_smile
Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I currently work forsainsburys and have a discount card, and myiPhone contract is up in March/April. I've heard thatsainsburys staff get discount offO2 contracts is that true? And I've also seen that theiPhone 6 is excluded from this deal... I was wondering when it would be available on the 30% deal as the contracts are a bit too pricey at the moment with it being a new phone, but Iwoud really like aniPhone 6 as my next phone. Hoping someone can answer my questions here slight_smile

Hi @Anonymous 

Sainsburys are an O2 partner so you can get the discount.However the Iphones are still not part of the promotion.

The O2 Open discount only works for upgrades over the phone or O2 stores. You get 30% monthly discount on your O2 Refresh Airtime Plan only, the phone plan is not included.

You have 28 days from when you upgrade to obtain your O2 Open code by visiting www.o2open.co.uk

You can then the code to their nearest O2 Store .

You can also text ‘Open’ to 2020 to request your discount. You will receive a text back with the following message:

‘Thanks, please respond with OPEN, followed by your open code, mobile number, name and postcode’.

And then you receive the following text:

‘Thanks, we will check the details to confirm eligibility and process your request within 48 hours.’

Hope this helps slight_smile

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143407 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Details of discount schemes here http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Other-Products-Services/O2-Open-and-Friends-and-Family-Discount-Schemes... just put Sainsbury as your employer to see if you are eligible.
I would expect the iPhone 6 to be included by April.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
So does the O2 open still work for O2 members or is it if you're brand new to O2? As I've been with them for this contract...
Message 3 of 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143407 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
You can use it on any new contract or when you upgrade.....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I currently work forsainsburys and have a discount card, and myiPhone contract is up in March/April. I've heard thatsainsburys staff get discount offO2 contracts is that true? And I've also seen that theiPhone 6 is excluded from this deal... I was wondering when it would be available on the 30% deal as the contracts are a bit too pricey at the moment with it being a new phone, but Iwoud really like aniPhone 6 as my next phone. Hoping someone can answer my questions here slight_smile

Hi @Anonymous 

Sainsburys are an O2 partner so you can get the discount.However the Iphones are still not part of the promotion.

The O2 Open discount only works for upgrades over the phone or O2 stores. You get 30% monthly discount on your O2 Refresh Airtime Plan only, the phone plan is not included.

You have 28 days from when you upgrade to obtain your O2 Open code by visiting www.o2open.co.uk

You can then the code to their nearest O2 Store .

You can also text ‘Open’ to 2020 to request your discount. You will receive a text back with the following message:

‘Thanks, please respond with OPEN, followed by your open code, mobile number, name and postcode’.

And then you receive the following text:

‘Thanks, we will check the details to confirm eligibility and process your request within 48 hours.’

Hope this helps slight_smile

Message 5 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks guys, great advice! (as always) @MI5 and rosadosc
Message 6 of 6