cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgraded to iPhone 6 with CPW, but they've set up new contract!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey Guys, just want to share my experience with CPW incase anyone else has had to same happen.

I thought CPW were too good to be true and it turns out they are. Basically upgraded to the iPhone 6 from an iPhone 5 at 8am Friday through the upgrade service on CPW website, all went fine. Received acknowledgement email straight away, then acceptance a day later, then dispatch yesterday. Great! Or so I thought.

Yesterday received an email from O2 suggesting I was a new customer, it was a welcome to O2 email, bit strange I thought but didnt think too much of it. Today I received another, this one was about my first ever bill, so now I'm concerned. 

So I get onto chat with O2 and it turns out CPW signed me up to a new contract rather than an upgrade! The person I was chatting too told me I have two options: 1) Cancel and reorder (Noway I am doing that!) 2) When my iPhone 6 arrives with new SIM, simply transfer old number onto new SIM and the old contract will be terminated.

Is this number 2 option actually correct? I know there are Some people on this forum who have more knowledge than those support assistants do at O2. Thanks in advance for any help slight_smile

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
I personally wouldn't use Live Chat for this account procedure. Ring the Uk customer services dept from your phone on 202 is my advice.
Message 11 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
Will do that thanks
Message 12 of 14

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Definitely DO NOT use the sim swap form or you will end up with 2 contracts running at the same time.....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 13 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
Has your order been dispatched yet? I got an email this morning, exciting.
Message 14 of 14