cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgraded to iPhone 6 with CPW, but they've set up new contract!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey Guys, just want to share my experience with CPW incase anyone else has had to same happen.

I thought CPW were too good to be true and it turns out they are. Basically upgraded to the iPhone 6 from an iPhone 5 at 8am Friday through the upgrade service on CPW website, all went fine. Received acknowledgement email straight away, then acceptance a day later, then dispatch yesterday. Great! Or so I thought.

Yesterday received an email from O2 suggesting I was a new customer, it was a welcome to O2 email, bit strange I thought but didnt think too much of it. Today I received another, this one was about my first ever bill, so now I'm concerned. 

So I get onto chat with O2 and it turns out CPW signed me up to a new contract rather than an upgrade! The person I was chatting too told me I have two options: 1) Cancel and reorder (Noway I am doing that!) 2) When my iPhone 6 arrives with new SIM, simply transfer old number onto new SIM and the old contract will be terminated.

Is this number 2 option actually correct? I know there are Some people on this forum who have more knowledge than those support assistants do at O2. Thanks in advance for any help slight_smile

Message 1 of 14
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

When it arrives you will need to speak to O2 Customer services ASAP And they will arrange this for you.... yes.

You should also be able to use the same nano sim then too that your using now.

Keep an eye on your My02 and your bank account for a while after its all been resoved - just incase.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 14
13 REPLIES 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

When it arrives you will need to speak to O2 Customer services ASAP And they will arrange this for you.... yes.

You should also be able to use the same nano sim then too that your using now.

Keep an eye on your My02 and your bank account for a while after its all been resoved - just incase.

Message 2 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
I also decided to turn to CPW, my experience is that I took out a new contract still with o2 and then I will pay off my existing contract at the end of the month and get my PUK code to transfer my number to the new contract slight_smile
Message 3 of 14

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144288 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27641 Solutions
Assuming you are eligible for an upgrade now you can cancel your current contract and continue with the new one.
You will, however, have to pay (or use) the 30 day notice period.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 14

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144288 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27641 Solutions
You don't need a PUK if staying with O2 - Just call CS to swap your number over.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 14

amcleod
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 31 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Yes this is correct. I'm doing the same thing.

CPW couldn't process my order as an upgrade as their system showed I couldn't upgrade yet. I took out a new contract as they told me I could transfer my number across from my old contract to the new one. I've had this confirmed by 3 people on O2 chat and 2 on the phone (not that I doubted them of course).
Message 6 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
As long as I get the phone I didn't mind how I do it slight_smile
Message 7 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for all of your replies guys, do I actually need to ring them or can I just do it here on their sim swap page? http://swapmysim.o2.co.uk
Message 8 of 14

amcleod
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 31 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
You need to ring or go on chat as they need to swap the number on the account rather than the sim.
Message 9 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
Nice one thanks!
Message 10 of 14