cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlocking iphone 3GS

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Thought I'd give this a go as the normal approach has not worked!

I have a pay monthly iphone 3GS, which I got on 24 month deal, the actual contract period finished ages ago and I have just let it roll on until now. I'm moving home soon and the 02 coverage where I'm going is poor so I'm switching to EE via pay monthly sim only.

To get ready for this move I have asked three times (over three weeks) for my iphone to be unlocked and each time I get told that either I'm not on 02 or that my phone is not activated with 02. I have explained that I had the phone on 02 from the time I first had it and that it yes it is active on 02.

Having got nowhere with this I decided to get the EE sim just to see if the phone was already unlocked. The phone refuses to work with the EE sim as I expected. 

I know that the phone is not worth very much anyway but I just wanted to keep it going for a few months. I have paid enough over the years to 02 for them to give me a better service than this or am I missing something?

Should I try again with 02 as the pay monthly sim is still live with them, try to get an unlock code myself, forget the whole thing and get the new phone I was going to buy in a few months.

Thanks

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143448 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
The form is more reliable than live chat but if it fails again it's worth calling CS to get it done.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
  • 143448 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Follow the guide here and make sure you are submitting the correct IMEI, phone number and security details.
http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Other-Products-Services/Unlocking-an-O2-phone-to-use-a-different-SIM-ca...
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 4

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks, I have already done that with a long online chat to 02. Double checked the IMEI on the phone and they said yes I'd passed the security question. I'll give it a go following your link, if it goes like before it will take 3 days for them to say I'm not on 02
Message 3 of 4

MI5
  • 143448 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
The form is more reliable than live chat but if it fails again it's worth calling CS to get it done.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 4