cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlocking iPhone 4 to all networks

Anonymous
Not applicable
Wonder if someone could give me some advice as I'm unsure if I'm doing it right.
So I'm now due for an upgrade going for the iPhone 5s so the mother in law Is going to have my old iphone 4 so I filled in the online request for to unlock my phone got a reply 2 days later saying its been granted and to plug my iphone 4 into a computer start up iTunes with a different network sim in so did this with a Virgin sim and all I got was iphone has failed activation please try again and my phone basically reset it's self as if it were brand new (which scared the hell out of me because I have loads of photos of my kids on it and never back up lol) so I pop my old sim in it booted back up and thank god everything went back to normal so what's the deal I'm I doing something wrong?
Thanks for your time
Message 1 of 26
25 REPLIES 25

Anonymous
Not applicable
Not rang them was hoping the advice on here would sort it think
I may of while phone was on with sim in saying no signal would be that where I went wrong should the phone of been turned off
Message 11 of 26

Anonymous
Not applicable
Sorry for the terrible typing got a 2 year old and a 4 month screaming at me 😞
Message 12 of 26

Anonymous
Not applicable
Turn airplane mode off and on to see if the network comes up.

Try a reset of your iPhone by ;

Hold the Top Button and Home Button until the Apple Logo appears, and then let go of both. Your iPhone will reset.

And or ;

Settings , General , Reset , Reset Network Settings.
Message 13 of 26

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks will try and give that ago when I get 5mins
Message 14 of 26

Anonymous
Not applicable
Ok.

Also just keep trying the non 02
Sim.

Let us know how you get on.

Fingers crossed.
Message 15 of 26

Anonymous
Not applicable
Good luck.
Message 16 of 26

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi guys i need help unlocking an iphone i purchased off ebay. I topped up £20, made a few calls and waited 24 hours before putting the request through. I received a message saying "imei not registered"?? I repeated the process and i got the same response. Should i make more calls?

Message 17 of 26

Anonymous
Not applicable
You need to make some chargeable calls to latch the iPhones imei number to your payg account.

Then request the unlock.

I assume it's on the o2 network and not blacklisted. You may need to ring cs just to double check.

A downside to purchasing off eBay
Message 18 of 26

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for your reply, the seller provided me with a checkmend report which was all clear so im pretty sure its not blacklisted. I spoke too customer service on chat and they said it is an o2 iphone but the imei is not registered to my number so the unlocking cant happen. I was advised to make calls and process again in 24 hours. I have already tried this on two occasions so just wondered if there was another way around this. 

Message 19 of 26

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi.

I'm afraid their is no other way. Apple won't entertain any unlocking directly from them.

If you make some more calls leaving £15 for the fee and it still does not unlock them speak to cs on 4445 from an O2 powered phone or From a landline 0844 809 0222 > 5p / min and they may be able to help.
Message 20 of 26