cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlocked Iphone locked to O2

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, can anyone help me with this issue.

I have just been on the phone with Apple and they checked my imei and said my phone is locked to o2.

Details:

I bought my phone last year from APPLE STORE - no contract- nothing. 

My first sim was o2 but then I switched to giffgaff. 

Now I am not in the UK and when I insert a sim it says - "Please activate your iphone - then I insert my new sim - This sim is not suported by our activation carrier..."? 

How can O2 lock my phone when all I had was a basic Pay as you Go sim and no contract?

Somebody please help me. 

Thnak you

Message 1 of 32
31 REPLIES 31

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok thanks I have checked and I have both the email and the original receipt but it doesnt say anything.

It only shows part number, Serial number, Imei and other details. 

I will have to go to Apple Store in India and ask them as the apple chat is useless and just kept saying go to O2 or go to UK and have it checked from the store. 

I have been without a phone for almost a week now it just keeps bouncing from O2 to Apple and back to O2

😞 😞

Message 11 of 32

Cleoriff
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

That is good news that you have an Apple store where you are.

Hopefully they will be able to sort something for you..:smileyhappy:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 12 of 32

Anonymous
Not applicable
The receipt will prove you paid full retail price for it.
Message 13 of 32

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok what if I somehow ask someone to give me a sim? Not a nano one, just a normal one? If I top up that and make a call and then request an unlock will it work? Does it have to be a nano sim and does it have to be inserted to be unlocked?

Thanks 

Message 14 of 32

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144198 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27634 Solutions
I thought the price was the same for the phone regardless and you just have to pay EXTRA for a PAYG sim card....?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 15 of 32

MI5
  • 144198 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27634 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Ok what if I somehow ask someone to give me a sim? Not a nano one, just a normal one? If I top up that and make a call and then request an unlock will it work? Does it have to be a nano sim and does it have to be inserted to be unlocked?

Thanks 

The sim has to be in the phone you want unlocking and in the UK using O2 network.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 16 of 32

Anonymous
Not applicable
It is MI5 but as Apple state ref my insert they are unlocked both on sim free and Payg.
Message 17 of 32

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ah damn now the only hope left is to ask the Apple store guys to replace it or unlock it. No plan B... one more week of no contact with anyone 😞 

I will fight showing my receipts now!

Thanks 

Message 18 of 32

Anonymous
Not applicable
If you can make an apple Genius Bar appointment so they can see you and not turn you away if they are busy.

Please let us know how you get on.
Message 19 of 32

MI5
  • 144198 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27634 Solutions
Yeah, good luck.....

Currently using:
Message 20 of 32