cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlock old Iphone 5 now I have upgraded to 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

If I use the online form can I unlock my old phone which was of course the same number as my new iphone 6 or will the unlock service just unlock my latest phone? (Actually I know it won't unlock the 6 cos I haven't had it long enough)

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144177 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
It is now unlocked. If you are getting the setup screen when you turn on it also means the phone has been erased.
As soon as someone else puts a non o2 sim card in it will complete the process.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
  • 144177 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
You also need to input the IMEI number of the phone to be unlocked so it will go through to the correct phone OK.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh great thanks for quick reply. I have that number I was just worried that when I started to complete the form it asked for my mobile number and I didn't know if it would bother asking for anything else so didn't carry on.

Message 3 of 6

MI5
  • 144177 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
Don't worry mate - It'll be fine.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

Well I did it but then I got the "now put in a non O2 sim and connect to itunes to complete the unlocking!" That could be difficult since I don't have anything other than an O2 sim. I removed the sim and connected to itunes and got messages about needing a sim installed. I disconnected from itunes run the reset my setting options (or whatever its actually called) and now all I get is the original startup type messages which immediately then go to "install a sim message" and won't let me do anythign else. So is it unlocked? Have I cleared my data? Can I now give my iphone to someone to use or do I still need to find another sim first?

Message 5 of 6

MI5
  • 144177 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
It is now unlocked. If you are getting the setup screen when you turn on it also means the phone has been erased.
As soon as someone else puts a non o2 sim card in it will complete the process.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 6