O2 Community

Get help, share tips and chat

Level 1: Joiner
kin0905

Unlock iphone 3GS

I have just completed an online unlocking form but I was wondering whether I would receive any confirmation in the form of either text message or email to confirm that they have successfully received my request? Or do I just have to wait for 14 days for a text message to come through?
As I have looked at different threads online and it seems that immediately after submitting the request a message would come up saying something in the lines of "Form submitted successfully..." However when I sent the form earlier (twice), nothing like that showed up after clicking the submit button and the page just returned to the very first stage where we have to fill in our details.
It would be very much appreciated if anyone who had done this before could advise me on this matter.
Please use plain text.
adamtemp64
Topics: 222
Kudos: 951
Solutions: 1,018

Re: Unlock iphone 3GS

Just keep trying in iTunes after approx 3-5 days as iTunes completes the unlock process with a non O2 sim
2 iPhone 5s 32gb on 4g 8gb tariff 1 iPhone 4s 16gb sim only on business contract
iPad 3 wifi-3g 64gb
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Henstridge Rural South Somerset (still 2g only and it is 2014)
Please use plain text.
Level 2: Apprentice
BigRabis

Hi
I have been looking for the unlocking form for the past hour or so and had no luck. Does it even exist anymore?
Trying to be prepared for my contract ending next month, something I have been looking forward to for some time now for the distinct lack of protection and customer service I have recieved.
Please use plain text.
Level 5: Ponderer
mitchja

Try here for the O2 unlocking request form.
Please use plain text.
BigRabis

Cheers, i'll fill this out asap
Please use plain text.
Tattycakes

I got my notification by sms and was able to unlock straight away, it only took about 2 days for the whole process :smileyvery-happy:
Please use plain text.