• 92929 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143448 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
You can only use the link in your MyO2 if the phone is the one you currently use on the O2 network.
If not, you have to manually fill out the form.
Help thread here http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Other-Products-Services/Unlocking-an-O2-phone-to-use-a-different-SIM-ca...
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable
Mine does not show anything but red markers 😕

Done the online form slight_smile

How long do o2 usually take ? and do they text/email process complete ?

slight_smile
Message 5 of 17

MI5
  • 143448 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
Mine does not show anything but red markers 😕

Done the online form slight_smile

How long do o2 usually take ? and do they text/email process complete ?

slight_smile

It's usually quite quick. Mostly done in less than a week and some have been known to be done in a few hours.

You will receive an email with unlock code (code not applicable to iPhones) and instructions.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hopefully soon, my signal is very poor...numerous base stations in the north of my city are down and in need of upgrade according to customer care, whats the point of a iphone if you cant use data lol

Hurry up Apple!
Message 7 of 17

MI5
  • 143448 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
iPhones are usually the quickest (assuming the phone is registered on network and you've filled out the forms correctly) wink

Currently using:
Message 8 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

How quick is quickest ? lol. My PAC is due to expire soon. Yes o2 sim in & left in attic at window. 

I've only signal at the bottom of the garden or under the attic velux window, I took the 20GB plan but have kept my o2 sim on a low plan as I joined o2 thinking rather than having a Android satnav and a iphone I could have them in one, not until o2 sort out the local base station upgrades. Satnav it is for now, will call o2 every few months for local base station updates then upgrade. 

Message 9 of 17

MI5
  • 143448 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
A couple of days at most - keep checking your emails inc spam folder just in case it gets diverted there.

Currently using:
Message 10 of 17