Unlock Phone

Anonymous
Not applicable

I want to unlock my iphone 5s. How do i do it? Thanks

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

Merci MI5, will do, hopefully it will be done soon I cant be bothered with calling for a new PAC, Vectone (had to go to Ofcom) & 3 act like you are sacking the individual staff member. Even telling them I have no signal at my new house/area they try to sell you on signal boxes and wifi apps, now that works for home IF you have broadband which I dont as I refuse to pay full price for 2.5MB speed and a whole area when out and about "but my map shows you do have coverage" yeah not on the ground mate! Kudos to the chap at o2 customer services who outright admitted most the base stations serving my area are out of full order and require repairs and upgrades.

Blood out a stone networks are becoming, even when you politely stipulate it is a requirement to give within two hours when asked - and NOT a two hour sales pitch!

Message 11 of 17

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
You can still use your PAC now whilst you are waiting for the unlock - as long as the phone has been registered on the o2 network previously you don't have to wait.
The only problem is with what you said about red lines in your MyO2 - does it show that you have the iPhone you are trying to unlock as your device under device details?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 12 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

No, it will be on the sales system the IMEI I assume they will pull it off that ? Customer services done the request - I thought about exactly what you did and sent the online form and inserted the *#06# just incase a mistype from CS.

Phone at window jumping from 3 to 1 bar constantly so they should be getting the IMEI from the network ? 

o2 shows:

O2 | My device

Device details
This information is not available at the moment. Please try again later.

This information is not available at the moment. Please try again later.

Message 13 of 17

MI5
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
Hopefully the fact that it is on the network now and the manual submission will be OK.
Ideally it should be showing in your MyO2, so that might be an issue, but fingers crossed it won't be for you.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 14 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hope not a issue. 

o2 prepaid care I found out is horrendous, hopefully contract are better slight_smile

Message 15 of 17

MI5
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
Keep us updated with how things are going for you pls....

Currently using:
Message 16 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

Will do slight_smile

Message 17 of 17