cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlock IPHONE 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi guys,av just asked for the unlock code for my phone 5, I don't have a none O2 sim to check if the phone is unlocked in 7 days,is there a time limit to connect to ITUNES or will it be unlocked after 7 days? Hope you understand what I mean,
Message 1 of 10
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144287 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27641 Solutions
You could use your iPhone 5 sim card in the iPhone 4 (with a sim adapter) and the unlock would be free.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
You don't need to hook upto iTunes with the iPhone 5

It completes he unlock when you put in another uk network sim card.

Sims can be ordered online or picked up in £1 shops.

You are best doing it ASAP when O2 contact you.

Edit : or pop in a friends nano non O2 uk SIM card. slight_smile
Message 2 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
I used to have the IPHONE 4 which mar lady uses on Tesco mobile which I didn't unlock,is it still possible for me to get that IPHONE 4 unlocked ?
Message 3 of 10

MI5
  • 144287 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27641 Solutions
Once the IMEI of your phone is updated on the database it will be unlocked whenever you get round to putting a different sim card in it.
For your own peace of mind it makes sense to do it before it becomes urgent but there is no time out limit otherwise.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 10

MI5
  • 144287 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27641 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
I used to have the IPHONE 4 which mar lady uses on Tesco mobile which I didn't unlock,is it still possible for me to get that IPHONE 4 unlocked ?

Yes, use an O2 PAYG sim card, £15 and fill out the form https://www.o2.co.uk/apps/help/help?qid=1&q1=2&route=unlocking&case=Handset%20Unlocking%20Form

Or use a contract O2 sim and it's free.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
Unfortunately I don't have friends who have the IPHONE 5 😞
Message 6 of 10

MI5
  • 144287 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27641 Solutions
You could use your iPhone 5 sim card in the iPhone 4 (with a sim adapter) and the unlock would be free.

Currently using:
Message 7 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks MI5 ,good idea that,never understand why the IPHONE sims keep getting smaller
Message 8 of 10

MI5
  • 144287 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27641 Solutions
Me neither.... It would be much easier if the size was standard across the industry....

Currently using:
Message 9 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
Something to do with being able to fit more tech inside with a smaller sim tray.
Message 10 of 10