cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unknowingly Locked!!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Having washed my i phone in a hot wash in a trouser pocket I am in the process of replacing it via home insurance. What I discovered tonight from them seemed far fetched so I contacted O2 and its true.I buy an unlocked phone so that I have the choice of provider, particularly so I can use a local sim when travelling. I now discover that once I put a sim card in my phone I am locked to that provider. also, it costs £15 to unlock and that O2 havent decided to unlock the iphone 6 yet. This cannot be right!!!

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14

Anonymous
Not applicable

Never thought about refurb, even more reason to take the money & run.

Message 11 of 15

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Best way, for sure....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 12 of 15

Cleoriff
  • 122352 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Yes...if you will put your iphone on a hot wash.....you best go for the cleanest option....LOL

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 13 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable
Do that mate, we had a thread here earlier saying that the claimed on insurance & were sent a faulty iPhone refurb by o2
Message 14 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh dear oh dear - don't give up the day job!

@Cleoriff wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Yes...if you will put your iphone on a hot wash.....you best go for the cleanest option....LOL

Message 15 of 15