cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to send text messages

Anonymous
Not applicable

I've just bought a iphone 5s on pay as you go from apple ( a unlocked phone, but I'll be with O2)

I did the transfer to keep my old number and change it to the new Sim which worked fine, I then used my back up to get all my things back on the phone, but i noticed it wouldn't connect to 3G, to which I had a text message (which was lost when I did the back up) to tell me to change the mobile data APN and MMS APN to > payandgo.o2.co.uk and I did to which I can now use my apps, imessage and the Internet all that works fine.

I just can not send a text message. Even when o2 has sent a text to tell me Ive got unlimited texts, minutes and Internet for my simplicity plan that i am on, I also downloaded the my o2 App and that also tells me Ive got unlimited texts etc.

Ive waited way over 24hours since I first transferred my number, I'm completely lost if anyone can help be much appreciated!! 

Message 1 of 9
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144191 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27633 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Thank you for all the replies ! 

It's fixed !! I checked the messaging centre number and it wasn't >>> +447802092035 <<<
It was the pay monthly one! So happy its working now

Thank you all for your help much appreciated !

That would indicate you have the wrong sim card and it may reset everytime you reboot the phone.

If it gets annoying go into an O2 shop and get the correct sim for your account.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
Text active to 2020 . Save the settings and turn airplane mode on and off.

http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Apple-iOS-Devices-iPhone-iPad/Connecting-iPhone-to-Data-Services/m-p/54... is a good help link.

Phone 02 to ensure your on an idata settings.

Also check your messaging centre number.

http://www.o2.co.uk/help/phones-and-devices/text-message-settings

*#5005*7672# this tells you the message centre number installed in the sim. If not you have the wrong sum type. Go to an O2 shop and ask for a payg blank sim and ask them to sim swap for you.
Message 2 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi please check your messaging centre number it should be +447802092035 for pay as you go
Message 3 of 9

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Texting is usually the last thing to be enabled after a sim change but you should be able to text by now. Call customer service to see if you have been supplied with a P&G sim as the message centre number is read direct from it.

Message 4 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

It's fixed !! I checked the messaging centre number and it wasn't >>> +447802092035 <<<

Message 5 of 9

MI5
  • 144191 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27633 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

That would indicate you have the wrong sim card and it may reset everytime you reboot the phone.

If it gets annoying go into an O2 shop and get the correct sim for your account.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
Happy to help

wink
Message 7 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
Your welcome slight_smile
Message 8 of 9

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

As I thought, it looks like the wrong sim card has been supplied. Best option would be to call into your local O2 store when next in town and get the correct one.

Message 9 of 9