cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trouble with wap and wifi

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi my name is jane and my phone is costing a fortune!!! When I wake up every morning there's a message from O2 saying 'you have used £1 of credit on date services or similar. However I have wifi and it is always on why is this? I lost loads of credit this way 😩
Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

When the phone sleeps, it reverts to mobile date and apps in the background updating produces the charges,

Switch off mobile/cellular data when at home so that the phone will only use wifi.

Your best option would be to switch tariff to one that includes a little data.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

When the phone sleeps, it reverts to mobile date and apps in the background updating produces the charges,

Switch off mobile/cellular data when at home so that the phone will only use wifi.

Your best option would be to switch tariff to one that includes a little data.

Message 2 of 4

Anonymous
Not applicable
Perhaps the O2 unlimited payg tariff.

This gives you allowances. And you Keep your top up credit to use for further calls / texts / data use or it can go to your next top up anniversary date.

Or as said turn off Mobile Data in your phones settings to stop the Web Daily charge http://www.o2.co.uk/termsandconditions/mobile/pay-and-go-web-daily-web-daily-bolt-on-monthy-web-bolt...

http://www.o2.co.uk/tariffs/payandgo
Message 3 of 4

MI5
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
Just stay on the tariff you on on if it suits you for calls and texts but turn off mobile data completely to avoid the £1 daily charge.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 4