cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transferring between android and iPhone

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi all!

A friend of mine asked me for help setting up his iPhone last night, as he had been using a galaxy note for the last few years. The hardest part seemed to be transferring his contracts.

After much googling, 45 minutes of faffing with trying to export via a Gmail account I came across this app. Downloaded it and it transferred everything in a few seconds!! It's free and easy to use.

We download it on both devices but I'm not sure we needed to put it on the receiving phone.

Anyway for anyone wishing to move content from one phone to another I can highly recommend it.

Copy My Data by Media Mushroom Limited
https://appsto.re/gb/uOk3Z.i

Hope this helps anyone struggling.
Message 1 of 10
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

Thank you for sharing.

I've personally never had any issues using GMail but it's what was risk for the individual. slight_smile

I use DropBox too.

A similar thread I posted earlier http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Off-topic/News-Apple-launches-guide-for-moving-content-from-your-Androi...

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

Thank you for sharing.

I've personally never had any issues using GMail but it's what was risk for the individual. slight_smile

I use DropBox too.

A similar thread I posted earlier http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Off-topic/News-Apple-launches-guide-for-moving-content-from-your-Androi...
Message 2 of 10

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143442 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Once the gmail account is added to the iPhone you just need to go into settings, calendars and contacts and tick the option to sync gmail account details.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
We did try that and no contacts came through at all. The emails did, but no contacts.
Not to worry though as the app worked brilliantly.
Message 4 of 10

MI5
  • 143442 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Strange as it's always worked previously unless anything has changed in 8 ?
Anyway - It's sorted so that's the main thing......
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
More likely that we were doing something wrong or had missed something somewhere but as you say sorted now.
Message 6 of 10

Bonnie007
  • 25 Posts
  • 6 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

Thanks for this post.  I was dreading how I was going to move all my calendar details over.  All sorted in seconds slight_smile

Message 7 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
Glad you got yourself sorted from the info enclosed in this thread. slight_smile
Message 8 of 10

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

MI5
  • 143442 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Full of useful info here slight_smile

Currently using:
Message 10 of 10