cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transferring apps

Anonymous
Not applicable
Upgrading from I phone 5 to 5S . Can I use same sim and will I loss all my apps I am playing eg candy crush?
Message 1 of 9
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
Upgrading from I phone 5 to 5S . Can I use same sim and will I loss all my apps I am playing eg candy crush?

Yes, you can use the same sim and no, if you back up your current phone and restore your backup to the new phone it will be exactly the same.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
Create an iCloud back up.

Then your dara can be downloaded to the new phone.

Help link from Apple -> https://www.apple.com/uk/support/iphone/syncing/
Message 2 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
Sorry ref the sim. You can.

Check if it says 4g on it if your in a 4g area and have a 4G tariff.

If it doesn't and you want 4g then any O2 shop can sim swap for you which moves your tariff and mobile to a new 4g SIM card.
Message 3 of 9

MI5
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Yes, you can use the same sim and no, if you back up your current phone and restore your backup to the new phone it will be exactly the same.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you will give it a go.
Message 5 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
Have a good read of the info in the links and you should be good to go.

Message 6 of 9

DinoF
Level 12: Nimble
  • 603 Posts
  • 39 Topics
  • 4 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

...this doesn't always works 100% faultlessly.

Not sure if its different for iPods but I recently upgraded one of my boys iPod Touches, from an old iPod Touch 4th gen (still on iOS 6 something - the highest version which the 4th gen would take), to a new current 5th gen one.

I did an iCloud back up, of all his games, on the old iPod (and made sure that all the games were indeed selected to be backed up on iCloud, within the Settings app) and then restored the back up to his new iPod.

Every game was indeed copied over to his new iPod (including current in game levels etc), all apart from one - Clash of Clans, which he had spent ages, building up his clan on.  The game was copied over however, for some weird reason, his progress had not been saved Cry so he had to begin all over again from the very start!

Of course, as soon as I  told him, that he had to start again - his response, obviously was, ".....oh greatRolleys - just delete the game then!" And that was the end of that...........!

Message 7 of 9

MI5
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions

There's always one that will play up !!! Crazy

Currently using:
Message 8 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Yes you can use the same sim.

You will not loss any apps. But I would recommend you do the following before you get an iPhone 5S.

1: Install iTunes on your computer.

2: Once iTunes is installed on yor computer, and you have loaded it up, connect your OLD iPhone up to your computer with the USB lightning cable (the lightning cable is quicker I find than using wifi sync, especially if you have a lot of stuff to back up).

3: Once you have connected you iPhone up to your computer with the lightning cable, it should appear either down the left handside of your iTunes window or along the top.

4: Click on the name of your iPhone (wherever it appears at on your iTunes window). And then click on the SYNC button. This will basically backup all the stuff (settings etc, game progress etc) to your computer. You might get a little pop up on your computer saying "THERE ARE PURCHASES ON YOUR iPHONE DO YOU WISH TO TRANSFER". You need to choose yes, as this will then transfer all the stuff that was purchased on your iPhone over to your computer.

5: With your new iPhone. Connect it up to iTunes. You should see somewhere on the iTunes window, RESTORE FROM BACKUP. Click/choose this, and this will then put everything you had on your old iPhone, over on to your new iPhone (all your settings, apps, game progress etc).

You can use iCloud to backup your iPhone, but this does not backup as much stuff/info as what backing up with iTunes does.

Message 9 of 9