O2 Community

Get help, share tips and chat

Apple iOS Devices (iPhone, iPad)

Level 2: Apprentice
richmagpies

Transfer of vodafone number to 02

I bought an iphone last week and wanted to transfer my old vodafone number over to 02. I provided 02 with the PAC code and they told me it would happen today and that I might have no service for 30 mins or so while it happened.

I've had 'no service' on my iphone since 9.30 this morning and now my old vodafone phone says 'inactive sim'. Do I have to do anything? i.e put the vodafone sim into my 02 iphone (the iphone has an 02 sim in it at the moment) or does the number automatically get assigned to the 02 sim currently in my iphone?

Cheers!
Please use plain text.
Level 9: Fired up
Anonymous

hey u dont have to do anything...no u dont put the vodafone sim into ur iPhone...the number on ur O2 sim...will automatically change to that of ur vodafone...takes about 2 hours - 48 hours....from the time u gave ur PAC code...for the transition...
Please use plain text.
Level 9: Fired up
Anonymous

did u try restarting the phone?since u got the 'no service' ...?
Please use plain text.
richmagpies

Took my sim out, put it back in and alls working now! Ta for the replies
Please use plain text.
cosmaboy

hi my girlfriend, transfered over from vodafone to o2 this weekend too, she was told that nothing needed to be done her end and that the transfer would be seemless.....

hmmm... well she got a text on her new iphone last night saying that the transfer had been completed. She could make calls but not receive them. She could send texts but not receive them...

oddly enough all the calls and texts where sent from her transferred no. but when you send her a text it didnt go thru to the new number.

After calling O2 they advised that something had gone wrong and they would look into it (blaming Vodafone for not doing there job properly) anyhow an hour later and she received a text saying that all was fine and it was.

Try calling o2 and explaining what the problem is (if you can get a signal or use a landline!)
Please use plain text.
Level 12: Nimble
ippyboi

When I ported my number in for the first iphone it took a full 24 hours to get all the services. I got the text saying the transfer was complete, but it took a while for voicemail and text to start working.

I would keep switching the phone on and off to rejoin the network...
Please use plain text.
richmagpies

I can make and recive calls but cant connect to the internet or get 3g....I dont get a 2G dot or an 'e' or 3G indicator next to the signal strength bars apart from where it says 02-UK. I had a text from them earlier today saying things should be finished by 6.00pm tonight so I guess I'll wait until then and then call them.
Please use plain text.