O2 Community

Get help, share tips and chat

Apple iOS Devices (iPhone, iPad)

Level 1: Joiner
neki

Transfer contacts, text, pics from my nokia to iphone 4

Hello, just bought the iphone 4, and was wondering how to transfer my stuff from my Nokia 6600 (I think), to the iphone 4? Thanks!
Please use plain text.
Level 2: Apprentice
mister_right

Re: Transfer contacts, text, pics from my nokia to iphone 4

Hello, just bought the iphone 4, and was wondering how to transfer my stuff from my Nokia 6600 (I think), to the iphone 4? Thanks!

As far as I know you can't transfer your contacts from a nokia to an iPhone. No saving to SIM either unless you get a SIM adapter and put it back in to the Nokia. As for pics you will have to save them to your PC the transfer to you iPhone.
Please use plain text.
adamtemp64
Topics: 210
Kudos: 887
Solutions: 967

use nokia pc suite and outlook to sync your contacts then itunes can sync from outlook to the iphone
2 iPhone 5s 32gb on 4g 8gb tariff 1 iPhone 4s 16gb sim only on business contract
iPad 3 wifi-3g 64gb
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Henstridge Rural South Somerset (still 2g only and it is 2014)
Please use plain text.
pratiktbose

Re:Transfer contacts, text, pics from my nokia to iphone 4

Hi, Its really very simple. I could transfer all contact details from my 5 year old nokia 6600 to iphone4. You need to get the iphone4 micro SIM adapter from the O2 shop.Its free. I got mine when I bought the iphone4 on Thursday 24-Jun-2010. Please proceed as follows. Use the key provided with your iphone4 to press in SIM card holder hole. Remove micro SIM iphone4 and fit in adapter. Insert the SIM into your Nokia Phone. On your Nokia mobile,go to
Menu > Contacts > Options > Mark/Unmark > Mark all > Options > Copy to SIM direct

This will start copying of Nokia Phone Contacts into your SIM card. Once it is finished copying, Insert this SIM card back into the Apple iPhone4. On Apple iPhone4 go to
Home > Settings > Mail,Contacts,Calendar > Import SIM Contacts

Your iPhone4 will copy all the contacts on the SIM that you have put on it from Nokia mobile.

Done in a few minutes. Its's really very simple and quick. pratiktbose
Please use plain text.
neki

Thank you all so much for your help. I will pop down to my nearest O2 shop to pick up an adapter
Please use plain text.
carbonni

SIM card adapter

I got my iphone today and the micro sim came in the full size credit card plastic, which you pop it out from.
Good thing is that they have left the standard sized SIM marks so you can pop it out at this size to enable it to fit into your current phone, then after copying all the contacts over, you can pop out the micro part of it and slot it into the iphone! Simples!

P.S, The SIM card cover on the iphone is pretty tough, you have to push the metal pin in pretty hard before it pops out. Don't worry, it won't break if you do this.
It took me a while to figure this out because I thought I was going to break my lovely new phone.
Please use plain text.