cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The reason for the lack of iphone 7plus models ?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Has apple or other sources explained why there is such a lack of 7 plus models available ? 

is it that pre orders have sky rocketed since the 6s release last year i would assume next year would be even bigger given its the anniversary edition.

Is it because people who would buy the samsung note have now decided to go with the new iphone?

could it even be problems similar to the note where production problems could cause this delay?

or could it just be that apple wanted to release the iphone 7 without a huge inventory of stock to take advantage of the current samsung problems.

I'm happy for apple that so many people want to get the new iphone i'm just surprised they have been caught out by this and they must realise people will think twice the next time a new iphone launches.

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

This is the first year i wasn't able to get the new iphone on the day of release* so i'm not sure if this is what usually happens.

looking at other forums most people are still awaiting the iphone 7plus in Jet/black and in other colours too. its human nature to query things and ask why and thats why we have forums to discuss with other people and share opinions. Accepting everything at face value is probably better for our frustration levels lol but i'm too cynical to do that and every business decision has a reason behind it. 

* The bungling order process where the website crashed and i had to wait 6 days until full payment was released. with no help from o2 during this period and o2 CS giving false hope about a non existant order.

Message 11 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
A reason I read earlier today is the lower than expected "yield" of the new colour (whatever that means - no idea) - 60% of normal amount and the fact that it was launched in 28 countries on the first day (compared to 12 for the 6s/plus last year).

But yeah, as others have said not making enough or moving them quickly enough to where they need to be is basically it.
Message 12 of 12