O2 Community

Get help, share tips and chat

Apple iOS Devices (iPhone, iPad)

Level 1: Joiner
Graham_in_Wigan

Text Messages Not Being Delivered

I am experiencing problems with some text messages not being delivered. I would estimate at least 60% are not being delivered.

There is obviously a problem with the network and not my fone because the same thing is happening with my friends who are on O2; they have sent me texts but I haven't received them, they have also called me several times when my fone has been swiched on with a good signal but my fone didn't ring.

This problem is of course causing problems for many O2 customers and many more non-O2 mobile users, therefore everyones' help would be most appreciated.

If anyone else is experiencing the same problem, would you please add more information here so that this problem is recognised and resolved expediently.

Best Regards,
Graham in Wigan :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Level 2: Apprentice
happyUser

I've had a few text messages that have not been delivered. Recently I have sent all messages with *0# to request a delivery receipt. For most (about 44 out of 50) I get an immediate confirmation of delivery, but a few (about 3 out of 50) I get a text saying the message "cannot be delivered". I also get a few (about 3 out of 50)where after about a week I get a text to say the message has expired.

I don't know what the difference is between messages that can't be delivered and meassages that have expired. I think it is likely that one of these relates to phone numbers that no longer exist (possibly the "expired" ones).

Other than that I don't appear to have experienced a problem.
happyUser
Please use plain text.
Becki7

I've been experiencing exactly the same problem. I would estimate that about half of the text messages I send are not received and it seems to be the same mobile number that doesn't receive them every time.

I contacted 02 a few months ago and they blamed the other person's phone, who is on a different network, but it's only me they don't receive messages from, which is why I think it's an 02 network problem.

I've put up with it for far too long and just want it sorting!
Please use plain text.
raybould

recipients not getting my text

i am livid about this - what is the point of having unlimited texts if no-one gets them!!! any of my texts that are sent to anyone who isn't on o2, and that are a linked message so more than 160 characters aren't getting there. this is about 70% of my texts. plus i'm having same prob with calls not coming thru. rung 02 3-4 times now, have had new sim but still not working. no-one from 02 has called me back or come up with a solution. they're saying could be due to me porting my number in but no confirmation or solution. great! some idiot at customer services said that because they're in my "sent items" then they have left 02 so not 02's problem - she suggested i get each of the 50-100 recipients to call THEIR network provider as it's their problem my messages are not getting to them even tho they're getting every1 else's fine! ridiculous.
Please use plain text.
Level 2: Apprentice
hihip2008

I have had 1 or 2 that have taken longer to deliver than usual (resulting in friends getting woken up at 3AM...

How do you turn on Delivery Reports on I-Phone?
Please use plain text.
paula34

not sending texts

i'm having exactly same problem it's taking my credit saying messages are sent but they ar'nt going to other persons phone. so i done *0#then type message but dont do a space after the hash key and it still took money and never got delivery report back so i new it hadnt gone. he is on o2 the same as me my son is on orange he not getting them. i rang o2 he said there could be a blockage in system or he has blocked ur number from texting to him. i said thats funny ive put me sim in my mates phone sent a text and he recieved it. but o2 reckons nothing is wrong with me phone. so i deleted his number and re entered it but this time i dun it like +44 sent delivery report he recieved them i found this strange as it hasnt done this before but im wondering if o2 could refund me for all the texts ive been charged for as i have lost a fortune not nowin these people never gt texts :robotmad:
Please use plain text.
Level 3: Ponderer
loobs72

Is this happening to current iphone users or everyone? I use the iphone at the moment and am quite worried now that this has been happening to me as some people have told me they have not received my texts.

How do I get a delivery report using an iphone?

Thanks.
Please use plain text.
killianbell

Not receiving texts

Hi guys,

I'm having exactly the same problem. My iPhone was fine up until yesterday, but my girlfriend phoned to say she had sent me numerous texts and none of them have delivered. She's on Vodafone and she always has delivery reports switched on. However, I have had 2 or 3 texts come through!

Since yesterday morning, I started putting '*0#' in front of my texts to get delivery reports and only about 20% of them am I getting the delivery reports for.

I have restarted my iPhone SEVERAL times, taken out the sim, put the sim back in, all the usual crap. Still nothing. It's really getting quite annoying.
Please use plain text.
killianbell

Update

Quick update -- I phoned O2 this morning because I was getting a bit impatient with the lack of texts. They advised me to do the usual -- restart phone, clean SIM, etc, etc. However, they also told me to take out my SIM and try it in another phone if possible, because it could be the iPhone itself with the problem. Which I did. I then got ALL of my text messages and delivery reports through!

Now I'm happy I've got my texts, however, unhappy my iPhone doesn't seem to be working properly. I'm going to try one more restore on iTunes and then ring them again!
Please use plain text.
mcgrand2

Messages not getting delivered.

I to have been having the same problem. I do not have a itunes fone, my boyfriend is also on o2 and when i am trying to send him a text message 70 to 80 % are notgetting delivered, i have also put the *0# and they are now coming back saying that they have been delivered when he still hasnt received them. I called o2 this morning and they advised me that they are having network problems and it could take up to 48 hrs to receive sum txt messages. What a joke !!!!!!!!!
Please use plain text.
Ask a Question
Welcome