Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Yes you can and this should be no problem You do need to be on contract as I understand

I have found this information about tethering from a Travel Forum where a client using Apple devices.is explaining how they tused tethering.

"Looked around on other travel forums and there seems to be little mention of "tethering" a laptop from a phone, iPAD or tablet. In the case of Apple products for example, all cellular-enabled devices have tethering functionality built-in to the iOS so simply activating it creates a WIFI network that up to five WIFI-based devices can use to access the internet. We have an iPhone and a MacBook that travel with us and we use tethering exclusively when there's no free WIFI available. It works perfectly, even in the southern French countryside without 3G service. It seems to work anywhere we have 3+ bars of signal on the iPhone."

I hope this is of some help...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Yes you can and this should be no problem You do need to be on contract as I understand

I have found this information about tethering from a Travel Forum where a client using Apple devices.is explaining how they tused tethering.

"Looked around on other travel forums and there seems to be little mention of "tethering" a laptop from a phone, iPAD or tablet. In the case of Apple products for example, all cellular-enabled devices have tethering functionality built-in to the iOS so simply activating it creates a WIFI network that up to five WIFI-based devices can use to access the internet. We have an iPhone and a MacBook that travel with us and we use tethering exclusively when there's no free WIFI available. It works perfectly, even in the southern French countryside without 3G service. It seems to work anywhere we have 3+ bars of signal on the iPhone."

I hope this is of some help...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 3

MI5
  • 143416 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

Take note of the T&C's and stay withing the rules:

O2 Travel Data Service

1. A daily charge of £1.99 will be applied automatically on the days that you use data in the selected destinations.
  2. There's no fixed data allowance with O2 Travel, but we'll slow down the service if you reach an assumed fair usage amount in order to manage traffic on the network. This will be more than 100MB of general data or more than 50MB of streamed video or audio data (the "assumed fair usage amounts") in a day . Audio and video streaming are available with O2 Travel but the quality of the audio/video will be optimised for a mobile device. The speed available for file transfer, online gaming, peer to peer downloads and network back-up services is restricted and may not work with O2 Travel. You can view our traffic management policy here.
  3. Regardless of the country you're in of the selected destinations, your daily data charge will apply from 00.00 to 23.59 UK time. Whilst you're travelling you'll need to check the time in the UK to understand when your daily charge expires.
  4. O2 Travel provides you with daily data to use in the country you're in. If you travel to another country in the selected destinations in the same UK day you'll continue to use the same allocation of daily data for that 24 hour period for that next country.
  5. Any unused assumed fair usage amount will not carry over to the following day.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 3