O2 Community

Get help, share tips and chat

Apple iOS Devices (iPhone, iPad)

Level 1: Joiner
GrimboNick

Tesco.net email on the iphone

Hi,

I've searched for this topic and found nothing on this board. There have been some mentions on other sites, but nothing helps! So I'm hoping someone here might have a solution.

I'm trying to add my Tesco.net email account to my iphone. I've got the settings from the tesco site and have tried just my username, and my username@tesco.net, but still nothing happens.

I wondered if someone here had successfully set-up a Tesco.net email account??

Cheers!

Nick.
Please use plain text.
Level 4: Observant
andyhjones

You will need to contact Tesco support for advice.

They should be able to provide you with Tesco's server details.

So when you add a new Email account on your iPhone - you choose 'Other' then 'Add Mail account' and complete the form.
Please use plain text.
GrimboNick

Hi Andy,

Thanks for your reply. I have checked the Tesco website (and O2) and have all their email settings. I've also tried adding the account as you've described before. However, it doesn't seem to work.

I'm just hoping someone on here has a Tesco net email account set up on their iPhone!! :smileyhappy:

Nick
Please use plain text.
Level 4: Observant
andyhjones

Hi Andy,
Thanks for your reply. I have checked the Tesco website (and O2) and have all their email settings. I've also tried adding the account as you've described before. However, it doesn't seem to work.
I'm just hoping someone on here has a Tesco net email account set up on their iPhone!! :smileyhappy:
Nick

I see...sorry to inform that i've never come across anyone that has a Tesco email address. have you been onto Apple support forums?
Please use plain text.
Level 7: Part Timer
Strange_Visitor

Have you taken the email settings from here?:
http://forum.o2.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=5796&start=0

SV
Handset: Samsung Galaxy S 8GB, Android 2.3.3
Tablet: Google Nexus 7, Android 4.1
Please use plain text.
GrimboNick

Hi SV.

Thanks for your reply. Yes, I've taken the settings from there and still no joy.

Nick :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Level 7: Part Timer
Strange_Visitor

When you say it doesn't work, what problem are you having exactly? Are there any error messages? If so, what are they? Can you pick up mail, but not send?

SV
Handset: Samsung Galaxy S 8GB, Android 2.3.3
Tablet: Google Nexus 7, Android 4.1
Please use plain text.
Level 2: Apprentice
Girl_From_Mars

Hi Ive used tesco.net no problems before.
I set as IMAP not a POP, same settings mail.tesco.net but the user name was told not to put in the full email address just the bit before the @tesco.net then the outgoing server used smtp.o2.co.uk

dont know if that will help but hope so!
Please use plain text.
kickboxer

Problems Sending email with iPhone and tesco.net

Hi All,
I also have a problem sending email with my iPhone and my tesco email account. The problem is when I am away from my WiFi conection it won`t send, it will when i am at home...

There is no solution to this as the tesco smtp server doent use authentication and relies your Tesco ISP connection.

You could try the solution that Girl_from_Mars suggests, however, this may eventually stop working due to spam issues as the originators email is tesco and the sender is O2.

The only free way of solving this at the moment that i can think of, would be to create a gmail or such like web mail account. Log in to tesco.net control panel and have your emails forwarded to your gmail, then set you iPhone to use your gmail account.
Hope this helps,
Kickboxer.
Please use plain text.
adamtemp64
Topics: 222
Kudos: 951
Solutions: 1,018

Kickboxer
The use of o2 smtp servers whilst connected to the o2 mobile network will always work as this is what o2 suggests if your own isp has no authenticated servers.

see here http://www.o2.co.uk/iphone/emailsetup
2 iPhone 5s 32gb on 4g 8gb tariff 1 iPhone 4s 16gb sim only on business contract
iPad 3 wifi-3g 64gb
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Henstridge Rural South Somerset (still 2g only and it is 2014)
Please use plain text.