Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tempered glass vs Screen protector

gemz4the1
Level 23: Casual Specs
  • 2478 Posts
  • 261 Topics
  • 33 Solutions

What is the difference between tempered glass and a screen protector for iPhone 6?

Which is better? I don't want it to interfer with the touch screen part of the phone.

Message 1 of 24
23 REPLIES 23

gemz4the1
  • 2478 Posts
  • 261 Topics
  • 33 Solutions

So I went to Argos to collect the tempered glass yesterday.  The lady passed it to me after I paid.  I told her she had given me the wrong one as it was a thin and flimsy thing like the £1 screen protectors that are available in many stores.  The lady said it was the correct one as the normal screen protectors are 'more flimsy.' I did not agree with her but I thought I would try it out.  I got home and put it on and it was exactly the same as the normal flimsy screen protectors and it was covered in bubbles.  I was under the impression that tempered glass protectors were like glass and that they could not bend?  Have I been given the wrong item?

Message 11 of 24

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144313 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
Doesn't sound right to me tbh.....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 12 of 24

jonsie
  • 93219 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6975 Solutions

Nor to me either. Too late to take it back? It's not really as described or fit for purpose....

Message 13 of 24

gemz4the1
  • 2478 Posts
  • 261 Topics
  • 33 Solutions

I took it back and replaced it for a more expensive one.  It is just what I wanted.  It is one of those blue tint ones so it is a little annoying as it doesn't fully cover the whole of the front of the screen and as my phone is white it makes it look a bluey/grey colour.

Message 14 of 24

jonsie
  • 93219 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6975 Solutions

@gemz4the1 wrote:

I took it back and replaced it for a more expensive one.  It is just what I wanted.  It is one of those blue tint ones so it is a little annoying as it doesn't fully cover the whole of the front of the screen and as my phone is white it makes it look a bluey/grey colour.

Now that would annoy me!

Question, is it the thicker tempered glass, easy to fit with no loss of screen sensitivity?

Message 15 of 24

gemz4the1
  • 2478 Posts
  • 261 Topics
  • 33 Solutions

Up to now it's working fine.  No issues with the touch screen.

The only slight annoyance, like i mentioned above, is that it doesn't cover the whole of the front of the screen and it has a blue tint on it.  Great for avoiding eye strain.  Difficult to find a big cover to meet where the screen protector ends so it doesn't look ridiculous lol

Message 16 of 24

jonsie
  • 93219 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6975 Solutions

Good news in part, at least you have it protected and no loss of sensitivity slight_smile

Message 17 of 24

Anonymous
Not applicable
I really hate how the screen protectors for iPhone 6 doesn't fit properly it leaves a small gap argh!
Message 18 of 24

Anonymous
Not applicable
Friend of mine has a tempered glass protector on his 6+ and he can scratch his car keys over the front of it and not even leave a mark! They look well worth the investment!
Message 19 of 24

Cleoriff
  • 122905 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
Friend of mine has a tempered glass protector on his 6+ and he can scratch his car keys over the front of it and not even leave a mark! They look well worth the investment!

It just shows, as with everything ...different quality screen protectors are available. (Brave guy testing this out using his car keys @Anonymous ) Shocked

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 20 of 24