cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switching iPhone Models within 14 days

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

I just have a quick question just to clarify how this whole 14 day cooling off period works. I had ordered the iPhone 6, which was delivered on Friday, but wish to change it to the iPhone 6 plus (that's the very short version of a long story). Now I know I'm going to wait a while for the other model, and it's been given the 'ok' to send back from when I was chatting to an employee of O2 when calling up. I was just stupid enough to forget to ask what happens once I've returned the phone and cancelled my order?

Do I have to wait for the status of the phone to be 'returned' before I can order a new one? And then do I still keep the same sim card which was sent to me with this phone? If that's not the case, am I able to just order a new contract/phone, while the other is in transit back to O2? I just don't particularly want to have to wait at least another week or so to order a phone which is now 6-7 weeks on backorder...

any advice/help would be appreciated! slight_smile

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144317 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
You should have organised the swap whilst on the phone to CS as you won't be able to order another phone now until your account resets to show your upgrade options again.
I'd get back onto CS to try and expedite the process a bit quicker.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
I had the same thing happen, except I had the plus and returned it for the 6. I however ordered from the Carphone Warehouse so I exchanged it in store and I am currently waiting for my 6 which should be with me tomorrow in store to collect.
Message 3 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
I definitely would take it to an o2 store
Message 4 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
Try to replace my faulty 6 in store today and said I had to call O2 as it was online so probably be the same, you probably have no choice to cancel because I tried to get a different model replace mine as I saw the 128gb silver was in stock but they said you can but only if you cancel the phone as the credit agreement has to match exactly the phone you have and they can't change it apparently
Message 5 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
That's terrible I'm glad I did go to CPW in the end!
Message 6 of 6