O2 Community

Get help, share tips and chat

Level 2: Apprentice
brewer

Swapping to a micro sim? Do it in the right place!

I had the same problem yesterday not recognising the new sim number.

My solution was to take out the number it automatically puts in and re-enter the number completley myself.

Worked a charm then first time!
Please use plain text.
Level 1: Joiner
scotty4

I'm in the same boat...

Not happy about getting in line at 4.30am, now having to (maybe) wait to see if the serial number gets accepted tomorrow!!
Please use plain text.
octet

Same here, activation says number is wrong:

Sim serial number

Please enter your 19 digit sim serial number (SSN) of your new micro sim. It starts 894411

Sorry, there's something wrong with the serial number you entered. Please re-enter your sim serial number.

Customer support says User busy...
Please use plain text.
dfinney

sim swap fail

Ive been trying to swap since tuesday(im pay and go), I checked with my local o2 shop and they said pay and go customers can use the contract sims. The sim swap site accepted my serial and i got the message saying it could take up to 24hrs but 3 days later still nothing, i tried doing the sim swap again this morning after phoning my local o2 shop again(they advised this)after 2 hours still nothing. Come on o2 sort your stuff out.
Please use plain text.
Paulnrowland

I'm having problems with my micro sim too!
O2 site wouldnt recognise the 19 digit sim code, after numerous attempts and even typing the first 5 digits manually.
I refreshed the page to see if that would help, which took me back to the first step - mobile number entry, this sent me another text code, so tried again - still no joy.
Left it 20 minutes, got a new code via text (as last one had expired- only last 15 mins!), entered the 19 digit number again, clicked continue and it jumped straight back to the phone number entry page!

Now it says I've used all 3 attempts and to try tommorow! Didn't realise I had a limited number of chances!! Very flustrating. :smileysad:
Please use plain text.
nutford07

can't believe swapping sim is that difficult!! i've swapped mine at about 10am... it's been nearly an hour and still no service on the new sim. other people must have been really lucky to be able to swap in 5 mins! i guess the system is probably jam packed now!

and yes, no luck with calling customer services as expected!
Please use plain text.
in_waring

Same here

ad been invited to try again tomorrow. Not happy - the SIM number I typed was double and triple checked and was okay!
Please use plain text.
octet

Update:

No service on both iPhones, probably the SIM was activated in the shop. Just finishing syncing my 5000 photos in iTunes and then will switch Airplane mode ON / OFF and see if the iPhone picks up the signal. (Alternatively can try a power off / on)
Please use plain text.
octet

[ Edited ]
Meanwhile you could have a look at this :smileysad:

http://www.macrumors.com/2010/06/24/iph ... ft-corner/
Please use plain text.
djburz

Very annoying this morning.....queued up at 6am, got my iphone 4 from the O2 shop in Truro and they took my 3GS back for £232 on the recycle, so I was happy with that. They told me to go to swapmysim, which I did and guess what, it asks you to enter your mobile number so that they can send you a text. Now that I have no phone, I cannot receive the text to swap my sim!!!!!!! So, I have a new iphone 4 and cannot use it!
I have been told to go back to the store which is a 25 mile round trip and I cannot do this until tomorrow so I am not very happy at all.
No joy with phoning O2 as they're busy, so I'm a bit annoyed at the moment to say the least!
Please use plain text.