cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sounding out a new idea (I think) - "O2 delay"

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just a thought for those of us who text friends/loved ones late at night - you want them to know you've replied, and in as good a time as possible - but you don't necessarily want to wake them up to do so. Would O2 be able to provide a delay on the alert of a text message - eg, start your message with *delay 7am* and the message is delivered but with minimal flashing/beeping until 7am? Or would this be something Apple would have to do… Or a combo of the two?

What do you think, could this take off?

Message 1 of 44
43 REPLIES 43

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93188 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

I think it very probably is a Samsung thing but my comment was very much tongue-in-cheek. I don't think this one functionality would be a deal breaker in choice of handset.

Message 41 of 44

Cleoriff
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

Having just read this thread back,,I will say 'Duh Me' for giving the advice to the OP of forwarding the idea to Toby Confused when it is actually the manufacturers who would take the responsibility for it!...

I would normally admit to technophobia....but this time I honestly did have another excuse....

Landing in Malaga to unbearable heat...being unable to sleep..... and posting nonsense at some god-forsaken time in the morning....(1.48am UK...2.48am Spain)..........Rolleys   LOL

EDIT: Thank you all for NOT saying...'what a load of drivel Cleo'...:smileywink:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 42 of 44

jonsie
  • 93188 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Cleoriff
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

As if we'd dare @Cleoriff LOL

I know, but honestly I was impressed with the responses. I could imagine the eyes rolling and the inward sniggers....but I never felt that at all.... Well done to you all (for holding back).......LOL

Note to self....watch where you are posting ...at what time...whilst in Spain....Zipped

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 44 of 44