cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slingbox O2 blocking over 4G / 3G ??

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi guys

I have a slingbox and all works fine. Apart from on O2 and over a 4G or 3G network on my iPhone 6. I know it's not my router settings or home network because I have another iPhone a version 5 that works over 3G on EE.

This did use to work until about a month ago over O2 network have there been any changes recently?
Message 1 of 38
37 REPLIES 37

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for the answers I hope @Anonymous will be able to help as I really think from what you are all saying it's an O2 restriction
Message 21 of 38

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous

Did check this link? It may have the information you need ( I wouldn't know!) It's O2 and it mentions ports and slingbox, if you know what u r looking for it may be useful. Hope this helps slight_smile

EDIT: It always helps to add the link LOL

http://portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/O2/O2-TG585v7/SlingBox.htm

Message 22 of 38

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi @Anonymous I have seen that link the issue is it's working on other providers not O2.
Message 23 of 38

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi @Anonymous

Did check this link? It may have the information you need ( I wouldn't know!) It's O2 and it mentions ports and slingbox, if you know what u r looking for it may be useful. Hope this helps slight_smile

EDIT: It always helps to add the link LOL

http://portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/O2/O2-TG585v7/SlingBox.htm

That link is for using the O2 Wireless Box which is no longer in use as there is no O2 Broadband.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 24 of 38

Anonymous
Not applicable

I Know @perksie, the idea was the actual settings, like what ports were used by O2 and that sort of thing... I think I've kinda notice that O2 don't do home broadband by now... staff discount out the window!LOL

Message 25 of 38

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Hi guys,

An issue has been identified and a fix has been deployed with this. Is anyone still having issues?

Cheers slight_smile 

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 26 of 38

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi @Toby I'm still having the issue it won't connect over 4G or 3G 😞
Message 27 of 38

Anonymous
Not applicable
Any more help?
Message 28 of 38

Anonymous
Not applicable

Exacxt the same thing happened to me since around March/April as you mentioned. After many years with these I am getting my PAC code and switching to Three newtwork. Happy blocking O2!

Message 29 of 38

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92916 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
Message 30 of 38