cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SlingPlayer won't connect to Slingbox over 3G/4G on iPhone 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi All,

I am not sure whether anyone has seen this, but I am unable to connect to my Slingbox over 3G/4G.  However, it works fine when I am connected over Wi-Fi.  O2 claims their are not blocking it, but extensive analysis shows that all ports are open on the home network.  Any thoughts?

I just signup with O2 and I have 7 days left to change carrier.  Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

RayFev

Message 1 of 14
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous 

Another thread on the forum where this issue was resolved...Different phone though ...but maybe helpful?

"I sometimes get this, especially if my router or slingbox has been restarted. Try going through the setup process on your slingbox for remote viewing, and then try again"

http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Android-Devices-Samsung-HTC-Sony/Slingbox-on-3G/m-p/341154/highlight/true#M9729

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 14
13 REPLIES 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
I've not used one I'm afraid as an iPhone user.

I found this but it's an expensive App https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/slingplayer-for-iphone/id309280605?mt=8
Message 2 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have noticed a dedicated support page here http://support-worldwide.slingbox.com/go/iphone which may help.
Message 3 of 14

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
I assume you have allowed the app access to mobile data in the settings menu?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes, I was told my O2 Guru to restore my phone to factory default. Doubt that will fix the issue.
Message 5 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you, but I already have the app. It doesnt seem to work over 3/4 G for some reason
Message 6 of 14

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous 

Another thread on the forum where this issue was resolved...Different phone though ...but maybe helpful?

"I sometimes get this, especially if my router or slingbox has been restarted. Try going through the setup process on your slingbox for remote viewing, and then try again"

http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Android-Devices-Samsung-HTC-Sony/Slingbox-on-3G/m-p/341154/highlight/true#M9729

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi everyone,

I'm getting the same issue. I have a Samsung Galaxy S4 and can view my Slingbox Pro over wifi, but not 3G/4G.

Speaking with Slingobx, they have had this issue previously with O2 and O2 rectified (unblocked) it for older Slingobx models. However, again O2 are causing frustration where other network providers are not. Speaking with O2, they are not interested in resolving any customer network problems and will not take the issue further with the me as I'm only a customer, no one important. I do apologise sincerely to O2 for any inconvenience I may have caused in perusing a competitive service. I'm hoping I may get a little weight behind me here by sharing what I have learnt.

According to Slingobx, the Slingbox Pro uses a H264-IPP-Decoder that is being blocked by O2, I have more information should O2 become interested in resolving this issue. My Slingbox box was confirmed working and transmitting independently through the Vodafone mobile network, and I have done so too through the 3 network. I alternatively connected to an Slingbox HD and confirmed that O2 does allow this decor to stream through.

O2 need to allow the decoder through the network like their competitors do. This can be done either speaking with myself or preferably Slingbox. If the O2 representative who spoke with Slingbox would kindly do the same again this issue would be resolved without further frustration to customers.

An explanation as to why O2 block the decoder and competitors do not would also be appreciated and bring a very belated solution to its frustrated and loyal customer base.

Message 8 of 14

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
You need @Toby to feed this back for you.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 9 of 14

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous,

Thanks for describing this here on the community and welcome! I'm Toby, the community manager. I shall show your post to the rest of the team and see if I can provide you with any info or a solution. Please do keep posting any feedback you have on the forum!

Out of interest, what was the last thing O2 customer service told you? This will help me to discuss this with my colleagues.

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 10 of 14