cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sim card stuck in iPhone 6 (without tray)

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi guys,

Bit of a disaster this morning. I recieved my new iPhone 6 from O2 and a regular-sized sim. Obviously the regular sized sim would not fit and I needed to cut it down to a nano sim. I've never done this before and it was very frustrating. Anyway, as I was trying to fit the nano sim into the sim tray, the sim card fell into the phone WITHOUT being secured in the sim tray and now the sim card is lodged firmly inside the iPhone.

I tried to pull it back out but unfortuntely all I seem to have done is push it further in.

No idea what to do now. Help

B.

Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

This is why re recomend getting a new correct sized sim from o2 for free. (o2 only send out multi sims now I think  you just push out correct sized sim)

Are you near an apple store ? If so book an appointment they may be able to remove it but be aware that as you inserted a modfied sim they may charge http://www.apple.com/uk/retail/geniusbar/

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 2 of 20

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Follow @adamtemp64's advice ...but to get it out try a pair of tweezers if you have some handy. Worked for me once....Smiley Embarassed

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for your replies, adamtemp64 and Cleoriff. slight_smile

Nearest Apple store would be three hours on the train unfortunately. Then their earliest available appointment is 20th November (Edinburgh).  

Well, the sim card O2 sent was indeed a push out, but only from regular-sized to micro-sized sims and not nano sims, if that makes sense. So I had to manually modify the sim card to make it even smaller.

I wasn't aware O2 would provide a free nano sim on request. I hate to sound sour and it's not my intention, but I thought they'd have sent the compatible sim size out with the phone the first time around anyway.  

Hesistant to mess around inside the phone incase I damage something else. I think tweezers are a bit too big to fit.

If I do manage to pry the sim card out, how would I go about getting a nano sim from O2 that'll just fit without any modification?

Also, really hoping my current phone will continue to work fine in the meantime, eg. the sim will remain active. 

Thanks again. 

Message 4 of 20

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@Anonymous You are mistaken. You would have been sent a sim that has all three sizes. Read this:

http://www.o2.co.uk/help/help-with-your-sim/sim-card-sizes

You need to make the appointment at an Apple store. 

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 5 of 20

adamtemp64
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

Is the sim tray out of the iphone ? if yes try tapping the iphone on your hand trying to dislodge the sim.

If sim tray is stuck in do a google search and find self help guides using non invasive methods as opening the iphone will invalidate the warranty 

Just pop into an o2 store ask for a new nano sim (but you will get one in 3 sizes) and then follow the swap my sim info contained in the sim pack.

Apple Watch series 4
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 6 of 20

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Or better still pop into an O2 store as said above...and let them to the sim swap for you....Easy for them ...takes 10 minutes....I also expect they would have 'tools' to help get the sim out if you don't manage this...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 20

andrewstevenson
Level 3: Thinker
  • 172 Posts
  • 11 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Yeah I would agree that a small pair of tweezers is a good way to try. Defo do not open the phone up god that's when a smal problem become expensive or the tap method. The sim issue I agree that the right size sim should be sent with phone and not just assume we all know. But from a diag of iPhone 6 there is no where else for it to fall into
Message 8 of 20

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions

I thought o2 only stock triple sims now?

Message 9 of 20

adamtemp64
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

@viridis wrote:

I thought o2 only stock triple sims now?

That is what came with my 6s hence my earlier comment 

Apple Watch series 4

Message 10 of 20