cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sim Activation

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi, I bought an iPhone 5s today on contract with O2. I was told that my activation would normally take 24 hours but it is generally done quicker. However my iPhone says it should insert a sim, even though the contract sim is inside. Would this change once the sim is activated?
Message 1 of 26
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Hi, I bought aniPhone5s today on contract withO2. I was told that my activation would normally take 24 hours but it is generally done quicker. However myiPhone says it should insert asim, even though the contractsim is inside. Would this change once thesim is activated?

Hi there @Anonymous

When I read this two things came to mind...1, fault and 2, the account connection  didn't go trough.

If you have another phone, can you try the sim in it? If it works, then the iphone is faulty and needs to go back, if it doesn't, ring customer services and have them check the order, as it may be "stuck" (technical term!) and needs to be "pushed" to process. It can be a faulty sim, but the error message would be different, I think.

Hope this helps. slight_smile

View solution in original post

Message 20 of 26
25 REPLIES 25

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122892 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous

Try turning your phone off and back on again. This will normally activate the sim..

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 26

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have tried that multiple times and it doesn't seem to have work
Message 3 of 26

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
Has it been 24 hours?
Message 4 of 26

viridis
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
Never mind just saw, I'd wait a while, at least until tomorrow before panicking,
Message 5 of 26

Cleoriff
  • 122892 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

The only other thing I can suggest is to turn the phone off...take the sim out and re-insert it, Turn it back on and see if that works? (Just checked on the Apple Forum for that)  If it doesn't work then maybe you will have to wait a bit longer. Could be activation will take up to 24hrs?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 26

viridis
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
I'm just wondering about the insert sim message, I'm sure even an unregistered sim changes to "no service"
Message 7 of 26

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122892 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@viridis wrote:
I'm just wondering about the insert sim message, I'm sure even an unregistered sim changes to "no service"

It was that message I looked for on the Apple Forum, and the member was advised to take sim out and re-insert it.  Worth a try maybe?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 8 of 26

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@viridis wrote:

I'm thinking the same, are you sure there is a sim in there?

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 9 of 26

Anonymous
Not applicable
yes, there is a sim in there. It was originally put in by an O2 sales person. I have since then taken it out and inserted it back in. Still no change
Message 10 of 26