cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIM card

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi, in a nutshell I lost my phone and put a bar on it, in the meantime ordered a new iPhone 6s & sim then old phone was found and returned. So am in possession of two phone and new and old sim.
Am keeping new phone as wanted an upgrade. I spoke to o2 and asked them to lift the bar and reactivate my old sim and also activate my new sim. Now my issue is with my old sim in either phone I get the network bars and it says o2 but no 4G, I can only use on Wi-Fi. I have tried restarting and resetting numerous times in the last 24 hours and nothing.
So then I thought maybe try my new sim but that one I just get no service in either phone. Hope this makes sense.
Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122845 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous

You have to ring CS again and explain this  http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

The confusion seems to have occurred when you tried solve two problems with one phone call  slight_frown Obviously there was a bar placed on the old phone and sim. You will probably need a new sim for your old phone

Your priority is to get your new iphone 6 working....Only CS can resolve this

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Cleoriff
  • 122845 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous

You have to ring CS again and explain this  http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

The confusion seems to have occurred when you tried solve two problems with one phone call  slight_frown Obviously there was a bar placed on the old phone and sim. You will probably need a new sim for your old phone

Your priority is to get your new iphone 6 working....Only CS can resolve this

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 7

MI5
  • 144223 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27636 Solutions
I agree. The one at a time approach would be best.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 7

Curr946
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 2174 Posts
  • 133 Topics
  • 44 Solutions
O2 don't do multitasking grin
Current Phone: Sony Xperia XZ Premium
Message 4 of 7

jonsie
  • 93191 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Your old sim will now be useless. There is no number attached as it's presumably been transferred to your new phone sim or are you saying you changed number?

Either way it's a bit of a mess and you need to call customer service to clarify.

Message 5 of 7

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23050 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions

You cannot have the same phone number on two different sims. Either call customer service, as has been suggested, or if you have an O2 store nearby, call in and they will help you sort the problem out.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 6 of 7

gemz4the1
Level 23: Casual Specs
  • 2478 Posts
  • 261 Topics
  • 33 Solutions

I was under the impression that when a phone and sim has been blocked by the service provider, it can't be unblocked.  And the new sim will have had the old number transferred to it. However, I may be wrong.

Message 7 of 7