cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIM Swap for lost phone

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi I lost my phone a couple of weeks ago and I was sent a replacement SIM for my contract. I was sent a standard SIM but I now have an iPhone 6 so had to go to an O2 store to get a Nano. The assistant completed a swap through O2 evolution and I was advised it could take up to 24 hours. Are there any delays currently or is it common for it to take longer? I hadn't activated the standard SIM before taking it to the store, not sure if that makes a difference.

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144168 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
If you had a block put on your account due to it being lost you will need to call CS to have the block lifted http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

jonsie
  • 93181 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

It's usually much quicker to be honest. You will need to keep switching the phone off/on till you get connection but you will probably need to call customer service to get the block removed from your account.

Message 2 of 6

MI5
  • 144168 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
If you had a block put on your account due to it being lost you will need to call CS to have the block lifted http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 3 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

Surely the new SIM wouldn't be blocked? Is there a way of checking?

Message 4 of 6

MI5
  • 144168 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
It's the account that will be blocked as I said above. CS will need to lift the block.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 6

jonsie
  • 93181 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

They always but a block on the account. As the sim is linked to the account you will not be able to use it until the block is removed.

Message 6 of 6