cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roaming Text Messages

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have recently found on my Monthly Bill that the number 7802000332 shows up when text messages have been sent whilst travelling abroad. I am wondering if there is a way to find out the actual phone number of the person you have text instead of this O2 messaging centre number? I have tried looking on the Help Topics but can't find anything to answer my question.

Thank you in advance!

Message 1 of 9
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cleoriff
  • 122352 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

If you ring customer services 202 for contract 4445 payg... they will be able to give you the numbers. They did exactly the same for me when I wanted to check out calls and texts I had made when on payg a couple of years ago......:smileywink:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122352 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Its the message centre number...when you send texts from abroad..

And when your bill is showing in My O2 you should be able to see the number there...

http://www.o2.co.uk/myo2

(Although you could also check against your sent messages on your actual phone?)

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for your reply, Cleoriff. On my bill in My O2, for the number it just says 'SMS Message Centre' rather than their actual number.

Unfortunately I lost my phone and consequently the messages, so I can't chek it on the sent messages on my new phone.

Message 3 of 9

Cleoriff
  • 122352 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

If you ring customer services 202 for contract 4445 payg... they will be able to give you the numbers. They did exactly the same for me when I wanted to check out calls and texts I had made when on payg a couple of years ago......:smileywink:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 9

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92905 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Sorry about your phone. Unfortunately texts sent by roaming won't show the actual number in My O2. If you are on monthly contract you can check on TuGo if you already have it installed.

Message 5 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have spoke to an O2 guru now and they're going to send my request to their network support team and hopefully get back to me with the numbers :). Thank you for your help!
Message 6 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
I've installed TuGo now, but unfortunately as I didn't have it installed at the time the texts aren't on there for me to see. The O2 network support team are looking in to my request for the numbers now though, thank you for your reply!
Message 7 of 9

Cleoriff
  • 122352 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

hi @Anonymous They will give you the numbers...As i said in my post above...they have done it for me when I was on payg...and shortly after I started my contract. Both times I as actually querying my bill :robotwink:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 8 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
Oh okay, that's great then!
Message 9 of 9