cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Replacement iPhone 5c keeps switching off

Anonymous
Not applicable

I recently got a replacement iPhone 5c through my O2 Accidental Damage insurance, all was going well for the first couple of weeks until tonight.

Phone for no apparent reason has decided to turn off, despite having full battery power. Have googled this endlessly and tried the whole resetting thing by holding down the lock and home button, this worked once and phone was on but has now decided to turn off again and this method is not working the second time.

Have also plugged said phone into my MacBook and it is neither charging or showing up on my iTunes.

Unsure of what to do, I can't take it into my local Apple store as the phone is evidently out of warranty.

Am more annoyed at myself as my old phone was in perfect condition and did not have any problems up until it became water-clogged.

I'm aware that O2 don't give you brand new replacement phones but this one evidently has a faulty battery and it's not very good considering I had to pay the £60 for a replacement phone which is unreliable.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, hopefully I will get a chance to speak to someone from O2 in the morning if the problem hasn't already resolved itself.

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

The phone should definitely go back to O2, as they have supplied the replacement. Make sure that you have photographic evidence of the physical condition of the phone before you send it back, and also be sure to send it back via recorded delivery.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 11 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there @Anonymous 

Based on what u said u got an insurance replacement, so the rules change a little.

That replacement will have the same warranty as the original one. You have mentioned that you are out of warranty, so that doesn't seem like an option...Unfortunately the only 2 options I see at the moment are to ring 202 and ask to speak to O2 Insure ( you may need a Manager) and explain the situation, they are usually very nice.But bear in mind they don't have to....if they do it it's done as a good will gesture . The other option is what @Cleoriff mentioned. Again Apple don't have to help but they have helped a lot of people in the past, and unless you give them permission do actually go ahead with chargeable work they will not charge you anything.

Hope this helps slight_smile

Message 12 of 17

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous  just asking for a little clarification here? The OP stated they 'recently got a replacement phone' It appeared to me (as I said initially) that the phone supplied by O2 was obviously not fit for purpose from the very start. Surely then the OP would have the right to go back to O2 and ask for a working phone?. (A bit unfair if they can't)  wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 13 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

It's a bit touch and go this one... Insurance rules are a bit different...If it was faulty when the Op received it they would have replaced it but a few weeks have passed...so Officially they don't have to but It's worth a try...It could happened...Sorry to be vague @Cleoriff but it's how it works... They may do it as a good will gesture.... slight_smile

Message 14 of 17

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Its a fingers crossed job then...and in the interim phoning Apple may just provide a solution... so that the phone at least is usable.....:smileysad:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 15 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

Apple's customer service is brilliant! I've seen them help people in ways u wouldn't expect they are always worth a phone call.

Message 16 of 17

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
As it's only 2 weeks since the phone was received, and assuming no other external forces have come into play, I would expect there to be a lot more legal redress for O2 than a "goodwill" gesture.....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 17 of 17