cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Replacement iPhone 5c keeps switching off

Anonymous
Not applicable

I recently got a replacement iPhone 5c through my O2 Accidental Damage insurance, all was going well for the first couple of weeks until tonight.

Phone for no apparent reason has decided to turn off, despite having full battery power. Have googled this endlessly and tried the whole resetting thing by holding down the lock and home button, this worked once and phone was on but has now decided to turn off again and this method is not working the second time.

Have also plugged said phone into my MacBook and it is neither charging or showing up on my iTunes.

Unsure of what to do, I can't take it into my local Apple store as the phone is evidently out of warranty.

Am more annoyed at myself as my old phone was in perfect condition and did not have any problems up until it became water-clogged.

I'm aware that O2 don't give you brand new replacement phones but this one evidently has a faulty battery and it's not very good considering I had to pay the £60 for a replacement phone which is unreliable.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, hopefully I will get a chance to speak to someone from O2 in the morning if the problem hasn't already resolved itself.

Message 1 of 17
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
Give it back to O2 as its a faulty replacement thst they have supplied you with & ask for a handset that works

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 17
16 REPLIES 16

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122363 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

I am sure you should be able to replace this as you have been given a replacement phone which is evidently not fit for purpose? Contact them in the morning as you indicate you are thinking of doing.

http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

If you dont get this sorted then use this link to complain...

http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 17

Cleoriff
  • 122363 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Just had a thought... I am sure you can still contact Apple for support and advice ..regardless of whether you are out of warranty or not?

https://www.apple.com/uk/support/contact/

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable
If you contact Apple then they may likely charge you for a repair or a new handset
Message 4 of 17

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

Return it to O2 and hopefully you'll get a decent replacement.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 5 of 17

Cleoriff
  • 122363 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
If you contact Apple then they may likely charge you for a repair or a new handset

I was thinking more about Apple giving advice about the phone only in relation as to why it keeps switching itself off @Anonymous ?

The other advice about O2 ....was regarding a replacement because they have given them a handset unfit for purpose....:smileywink: Two options really...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable
Give it back to O2 as its a faulty replacement thst they have supplied you with & ask for a handset that works
Message 7 of 17

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

The other advice about O2 ....was regarding a replacement because they have given them a handset unfit for purpose....:smileywink: Two options really...

Apple are certain to charge, O2 should fix or replace it free.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 8 of 17

Cleoriff
  • 122363 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@perksie wrote:

@Cleoriff wrote:

Apple are certain to charge, O2 should fix or replace it free.

But Apple won't charge to give advice that may fix the problem of the phone turning itself off. They will talk to the op and may resolve that particular issue ..Which was why I gave the Apple Support link ...(as well as the O2 one) wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 9 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

My first port of call would be O2 - what's the point of insurance if the replacement is faulty. Clearly you may have to accept a refurb on the insurance, but you should at least expect it to work!

Message 10 of 17