O2 Community

Get help, share tips and chat

Apple iOS Devices (iPhone, iPad)

Level 1: Joiner
jameshopkins

Reconditioned iPhone - Out of stock

Hi, I went through the upgrade system on the o2.co.uk website, and found a reconditioned iPhone 3G for free with £35 contract. Did some research and appears that Apple refurb and test these devices themselves, so I decided to buy it. However after speaking to o2, they say it is now out of stock, and dont know when they will get anymore in.

Anyone had any experience of going though this method? Good/Bad?

Cheers in advance
Please use plain text.
Level 2: Apprentice
Moglie

I called on the 24th December about one of these after reading on another forum that (like you say) they are reconditioned by Apple then given new front and back fascias.

The lady said yes I could upgrade but unfortunately they were on back order and she was sorry but I would have to wait 5 days! I thought she was going to say 5 weeks :smileyvery-happy:

Just checked my account and it was actually despatched the same day and should be with me Monday!
Please use plain text.
Level 1: Joiner
jameshopkins

I got mine the other day, and it is exactly like brand new. Came in o2 box, with new casing and wrapped in plastic, just like a new one. I would recommend anyone to use this method, like brand new and fully tested by Apple, and 12 months warranty but free! Go for it!
Please use plain text.
musicmadmac

Re: Reconditioned iPhone - Out of stock

Hi, I went through the upgrade system on the o2.co.uk website, and found a reconditioned iPhone 3G for free with £35 contract. Did some research and appears that Apple refurb and test these devices themselves, so I decided to buy it. However after speaking to o2, they say it is now out of stock, and dont know when they will get anymore in.
Anyone had any experience of going though this method? Good/Bad?
Cheers in advance

The seal went on my 16gb iPhone so went to the Apple store and they swapped it for a reconditioned one. It was as good as new and tested by Apple so I would recommend them to anyone.

Never accept a reconditioned phone from o2 if it has been sent to their repair company Anovo Repairs Uk! I had eight faulty N95 refurbs sent over a period of six months, shocking!
iPhone 4 32gb
Nokia E71
Please use plain text.
Level 3: Ponderer
DonDino2

Never accept a reconditioned phone from o2 if it has been sent to their repair company Anovo Repairs Uk!

Why not?
I got my N95 back from repairs (they're all sent to Anovo anyway), and it's as good as new. Can't really tell if it's a new or refurbished handset, but looks and works like a new one - certainly better than my *new* faulty one that I sent away for repair!
Please use plain text.
musicmadmac

Never accept a reconditioned phone from o2 if it has been sent to their repair company Anovo Repairs Uk!

Why not?
I got my N95 back from repairs (they're all sent to Anovo anyway), and it's as good as new. Can't really tell if it's a new or refurbished handset, but looks and works like a new one - certainly better than my *new* faulty one that I sent away for repair!

They must of improved since I was sent eight faulty N95 refurbs in a row in 2007. Glad you've had a good experience, my first N95 sent to Anovo for repair looked like they polished it with a scouring pad.
iPhone 4 32gb
Nokia E71
Please use plain text.
Moglie

I got mine the other day, and it is exactly like brand new. Came in o2 box, with new casing and wrapped in plastic, just like a new one. I would recommend anyone to use this method, like brand new and fully tested by Apple, and 12 months warranty but free! Go for it!

What else does it come with?
Please use plain text.
Level 3: Ponderer
DonDino2

They must of improved since I was sent eight faulty N95 refurbs in a row in 2007. Glad you've had a good experience, my first N95 sent to Anovo for repair looked like they polished it with a scouring pad.

Ah... well my experience was only good in the end, I had a tough time getting them to fix it in the first instance.
On the first go, I got the phone back re-flashed, which of course did nothing apart from wipe out my data. However I found out that this wasn't Anovo's fault, but the O2 store's guy marking it as 'software problem' while it was a 'no power' problem, so can't really blame Anovo.

And to try and stick to the thread topic, that's excellent information about the refurb'ed iphones, I had never heard of that before, now I might consider upgrading my partner's SIM-only (if they will give this option for it)!
Please use plain text.
musicmadmac

Sorry DonDino2 I will get back to the original thread topic. The reconditioned iPhones that are sold online should contain all the relevant accessories that the new ones come with, the good thing is that if you do have an issue with your iPhone you can make an appointment to have it sorted through the Apple store. If you get money off for ordering a reconditioned iPhone then that's a bonus.
iPhone 4 32gb
Nokia E71
Please use plain text.
rubbed

where do you order them? contract only?
Please use plain text.