on 18-07-2012 19:26
I cannot remember if I added this guide to these forums before or if it got lost during the switch over to the new forums recently.
To have Sky email and Google email pushed then do the following.
1. Open the Settings application on your device's home screen.
2. Open Mail, Contacts, Calendars.
3. Tap Add Account....
4. Select Microsoft Exchange. since iOS 4.0 and above, you can now have multiple Exchange accounts.
Enter Account Info
5. In the Email field, enter your full Sky email address.
6. Leave the Domain field blank.
7. Enter your full Sky email address as the Username.
8. Enter your Sky password as the Password. This is the password you used when you first created your Sky account (My Sky/Skyid etc).
9. Tap Next at the top of your screen.
9a. Choose Cancel if the Unable to Verify Certificate dialog appears.
10. When the new Server field appears, enter m.google.com.
11. Press Next at the top of your screen again.
12. Select the services (Mail, Calendar, and Contacts) you want to sync.
13. Unless you want to delete all the existing Contacts and Calendars on your phone, select the Keep on my iPhone option when prompted. This will also allow you to keep syncing with your computer via iTunes.
Don't forget you can use the same setup to add a google mail email account has a Microsoft Exchange account.
I can confirm that PUSH works on the iPhone with the above instructions. I have sent an email to my google email address and also my Sky email address and both are pushed through IMMEDIATELY.
I just thought I would provide some instructions, has I have read a few people are wanting to know if its possible to have Sky email PUSH/PUSHED through, well it is if you follow the above instructions.
Or yeah..... Don't forget to enable PUSH in Settings/mail, contacts, calenders section on the iPhone. Click on FETCH NEW DATA and switch PUSH on.