cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem restoring iPhone 6 via iCloud

Anonymous
Not applicable
I started my restore on my new iPhone 6 this morning, went from 1 hour, then 2, then 4, 12, and then last time I looked at it (I had to go back to work) it said 14 hours!! 14!!!!!!! Can't do it via iTunes as issue with laptop. Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!!!!
Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
No other choice - Everyone is hammering the servers right now. Maybe wait a few days?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
No other choice - Everyone is hammering the servers right now. Maybe wait a few days?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 4

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

Are you downloading your icloud back up onto your iphone 6

It shouldn't obviously take that long or it never has for me.

I know people were having issues if they upgraded from icloud to iCloud Drive.

Try rebooting the phone via holding the sleep/wake button and home button until the apple logo appears and let go.

Then try again

Help link https://support.apple.com/kb/ph12521

Message 3 of 4

Anonymous
Not applicable
My Iphone 5 has ios 7.1.2. Obviously my iPhone 6 has ios 8. I'm guessing it's cos everyone with an iPhone today is restoring from their old iPhones but that's crazy
Message 4 of 4