cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Possibly a stupid question about iCloud

Anonymous
Not applicable
New iPhone is on its way so I'm givin away my iPhone 5... Everything is backed up on the cloud so if I delete pics an music of the iphone 5 when I get my 6 up and running will they sync to it?
Message 1 of 12
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93217 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6971 Solutions
Message 2 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

jonsie
  • 93217 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6971 Solutions
Message 2 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
Icloud holds http://support.apple.com/kb/PH12519

Purchase history for music, movies, TV shows, apps, and books

Your iCloud backup includes information about the content you have purchased, but not the purchased content itself. When you restore from an iCloud backup, your purchased content is automatically downloaded from the iTunes Store, App Store, or iBooks Store. Some types of content aren’t downloaded automatically in all countries, and previous purchases may be unavailable if they have been refunded or are no longer available in the store. For more information, see the Apple Support article iTunes in the Cloud availability by country. Some types of content aren’t available in all countries. For more information, see the Apple Support article Which types of items can I buy in my country?.

Photos and videos in your Camera Roll

Device settings

App data

Home screen and app organization

iMessage, text (SMS), and MMS messages

Ringtones

Visual Voicemail

Your music is in your iTunes.

When you boot up the iPhone 6 opt to use your iCloud back up and not as a new device.
Message 3 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank u 😊 ... Another question 🙈 my upgrade seems to have kicked in today, I got my email to say the phone has been despatched and my 4g activated on my current phone.. My usual bill wud be displayed on 1st of month an taken out on 15th.. Does this now change? No?
Message 4 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
Remember to remove your Apple Id before releasing your iPhone 5 or it'll be locked out and the new owner won't be able to download apps etc.

Help http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5818?viewlocale=en_US
Message 5 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
Your new tariff won't start until You get your new phone.

For official clarification call O2 on 202.
Message 6 of 12

MI5
  • 144290 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27655 Solutions
Your bill dates will stay the same, but you will be charged by the day for the few days between receiving phone and your normal bill date.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 7 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
It's already started cause when I go into 'my o2' today's data usage is already comin outa my new allowance.. For my 5contract the data was only 1GB an the 6 is 5GB an its showing my usage out of 5gb!
Oh thanks, I wudnt have remebered to remove my Apple ID! 😊
Message 8 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
Aw ok bill dates stayin the same.. That's good 😊
Message 9 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
No worries. slight_smile

Enjoy your new phone and Tariff Allowances. slight_smile
Message 10 of 12