cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please unlock my iPhone

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

I've been trying, unsuccessfully, to unlock my Iphone 5 (I've recently upgaded to an Iphone 6). So frustrating, tried 3 attempts using the 'form' and I keep getting a text and email message to say that details I've provided are incorrect. No more info re which part of the info is incorrect - not helpful. Just tried to reach an O2 guru and can't get through/keep getting error messages, again, not helpful.

I'll try calling customer services tomorrow but wanted to add my issue to the O2 community as I noticed another post about the same issue.

How hard can it be to unblock a phone?!

Yvonne Powell

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
The usual issues are either an incorrect answer to your security question or specifying the wrong tariff.
Calling CS will help as they can ask you additional questions to confirm your identity and process the unlock for you.
Call 202 from your O2 handset, option 2 then 0
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

MI5
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
The usual issues are either an incorrect answer to your security question or specifying the wrong tariff.
Calling CS will help as they can ask you additional questions to confirm your identity and process the unlock for you.
Call 202 from your O2 handset, option 2 then 0
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 5

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
Could it be that the iPhone 5 is no longer connected to that account as the iPhone 6 is?
This could throw up that error.
Message 3 of 5

MI5
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions

@viridis wrote:
Could it be that the iPhone 5 is no longer connected to that account as the iPhone 6 is?
This could throw up that error.

As long as the correct IMEI number for the 5 was enetered it should still be registered on the system as used with their phone number previously.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 5

Cleoriff
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

Learning.. learnng ..learning...Carry on guys...but keep it simple for poor ole me... Dance

(it's ok..I understood that above thanks...) tongue

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 5