cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phones 4 U query

Anonymous
Not applicable
Terrible news that P4U has gone into administration but does this mean that all pre-orders for the 6 have been lost?
Message 1 of 37
36 REPLIES 36

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144336 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
That would be up to the administrators to decide if they were to keep the company trading or not.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 37

MI5
  • 144336 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
Keep your eye on the news for details http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/newsbysector/mediatechnologyandtelecoms/telecoms/11095462/Phones-...
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 3 of 37

Anonymous
Not applicable
In an administration it is likely that anyone who has paid a deposit for a sim free handset will join the list of creditors.

According to the telegraph report mobile contracts are unaffected but in reality it has yet to be decided whether upgrades and new contracts yet to be fulfilled will be honoured.

Dreadful news for 5596 employees and shows the ruthless world we are in.

Of course the mobile operators will likely blame the Regulators for forcing down costs to us customers and therefore reducing profits. BC Partners were looking at referring the matter to the OFT for a referral to the Competition Commission.

Expect contract prices to rise next year.
Message 4 of 37

Cleoriff
  • 122923 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

We  heard this morning that EE were the only network trading with them...that didnt last long...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 37

MI5
  • 144336 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
EE pulled out Friday night apparently....
Despite what we all thought of P4U this is not good from a competition point of view 😞

Currently using:
Message 6 of 37

jonsie
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions
Message 7 of 37

Anonymous
Not applicable
Really sad for the employees right now. Maybe someone who has pre-ordered an iphone 6 can keep us upto speed with any details they get or find out.
Message 8 of 37

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yep. Sad for the employees but as long as people get their iPhones on Friday. ........

Sorry i don't mean to offend but bad timing for your post @Anonymous
Message 9 of 37

ewanrw
Level 10: Inspirational
  • 342 Posts
  • 15 Topics
  • 9 Solutions
Absolutely terrible news. Regardless of their selling techniques, another once "great" company down the tubes. EE pulled out about a fortnight ago, but not much known out with the industry.

Lots of people will blame the networks for pulling out, but blame lies solely with Apple and Samsung for ramping up handset costs.
Message 10 of 37