O2 Community

Get help, share tips and chat

Apple iOS Devices (iPhone, iPad)

Level 2: Apprentice
gravy137

Phone insurance with Barclays, anyone else have it?

I took out insurance with my bank Barclays the day I got the iPhone 4g a week after it's release day. Today I dropped my iPhone down the toilet by mistake & it's not workin at all, won't even switch on. I rang Barclays and have put in a claim and they r sending me claim forms to fill out. Checking over my insurance policy with them it states that I'm covered for 'accidental water damage''. Reading further on it says that if my claim is successful I will either have 'the phone fixed, or a new one, or the amount the phone is worth in cash, OR A PHONE WHICH IS SIMILAR'!!!

Has anybody made a claim with Barclays before as I have a funny feeling I might be stitched up one way or the other with them.
gravy137
Please use plain text.
Level 5: Ponderer
fourqtwo

My son has Barclays insurance on his iPhone, he fell over and smashed the screen, made a claim and they sent hi a cheque for the PAYG replacement cost from Apple less the excess.

The whole process was quick and painless.
It is important, when your technical equipment is not the best, to believe there will always be a better race; that is a part of my motivation. &quote;Ayrton Senna
fourqtwo (formerly cis01 until username became 'inactive')
Please use plain text.
Level 5: Ponderer
Jawswing

They generally offer you money rather than a replacement.
Please use plain text.
gravy137

Thanks for the reply
gravy137
Please use plain text.
kingkhan

How much does it cost to insure iphone 4 with barclays, also do i have to have a barclays account to insure my iphone, because im currently a natwest customer.
Please use plain text.
Level 7: Part Timer
greatcapp

How much does it cost to insure iphone 4 with barclays, also do i have to have a barclays account to insure my iphone, because im currently a natwest customer.

I pay £16 a month for my Barclays Additions account.

For that I get Travel insurance, Phone insurance (for me & my partner), full RAC cover for the car, plus a few other bits & pieces.

I'm sure Natwest would do a similar account.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
I have amnesia
To get to the other side
Please use plain text.
gravy137

hi, I pay £5 a month for my insurance with barclays, and that upgraded my account to a 'additions account'. So yeh think u gotta bank with them
gravy137
Please use plain text.
gravy137

hi, I pay £5 a month for my insurance with barclays, and that upgraded my account to a 'additions account'. So yeh think u gotta bank with them
gravy137
Please use plain text.
kingkhan

Thanks for your replies, yes natwest also offer iphone insurance for £6.95 a month but they use "homecareinsurance" as thier phone insurer, iv read reviews about that company on google and thyre not the best around. Quiet alot of people hve had trouble with thm so fr tht reason i dnt wnt to insure my phone with natwest.
Please use plain text.
gravy137

Re: Phone insurance with Barclays, anyone else have it?

Just to let u all know that my new iPhone 4g 16gb turned up yesterday. The whole process took 2 weeks from when I first made the call to claim to receiving the phone. Cheers
gravy137
Please use plain text.
Ask a Question
Welcome