cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Occasional missing texts

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi, I've been with o2 for just under a month now on a sim only tarrif after porting my number over from three.

What I've noticed is occasionally the odd text from people on my previous network three are not coming through to my phone. This is happening at different locations so I don't think it's a local mast issue, more an o2/three or my account issue. I've noticed a few recent posts about missing texts on here, are o2 having problems at the moment with texts?

Note: I'm using an iPhone 5s, usually have a 4G connection and I didn't notice it until a few days after my number ported over.

Cheers
Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

O2 have had problems reported on here about texts from other networks but as there have not been reports for a week or so ago, it was assumed that the issue had been resolved. Are you getting any texts at all from other networks?

Message 2 of 21

MI5
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
Just one text getting stuck at some point can have an effect on subsequent ones coming through.
It's worth just taking your sim out and giving it a wipe with a dry cloth then trying again.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm getting texts from Vodafone and EE fine as far as I'm aware, but 2 different people on three have sent me texts I haven't received over the last couple of weeks. Last night a friend sent me 2 texts and I only got the second one starting "ps" so I knew something was missing again so asked her. It ms not all texts from three that aren't coming through, I can have a back and forth conversation over text then suddenly I won't receive one and they'll wonder why I hadn't replied.

Can get round it with FB messenger or whatsApp but that's not the point. Strange it's my previous network only, coincidence or number port issue?
Message 4 of 21

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12069 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1124 Solutions
Do the messages eventually come through or are they permanently missing?
Are you/they using anything other than the standard messaging app?

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 5 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'll give the sim clean a try but it's a brand new sim and don't think I touched it with dirty fingers wink

There's a few texts missing in the network abyss over the last few weeks so this could be causing an ongoing problem?

Cheers
Message 6 of 21

MI5
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
It's also useful to know if the sender is using an iPhone too, ie, are they sms or iMessage texts?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 7 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable
Using standard iPhone message app, the missing texts usually never come through, we've compared screen shots of our conversations were I have the odd missing text. Sometimes mine are delayed the other way a bit but they always seem to get them eventually. As I say though it's not all texts just random ones. Strange
Message 8 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable
iPhone to android
Message 9 of 21

MI5
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
iPhone to android

Have you got your sms option enabled too in message settings?

Currently using:
Message 10 of 21