cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 travel help!!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi I'm in desperate need for help.
im currently in Malta with o2 travel activated (set up before I travelled)
i can make calls and texts and also can get 3G yet the Internet will not work neither will any apps as if I have no internet connection at all.

i have rang o2 many many times being passed backwards and forwards and no one seems to have any idea what is happening.
ive been offered compensation but that is no good as I need data.

things I have tried:

removing SIM card and restarting
comple reset of phone
choosing manual network
turning eu Internet off
turning data roaming on.
actually going into the mobile phone shop here in Malta to check if there is a signal problem with the carrier that o2 switches to here.
absolutely nothing has worked and I'm very angry with o2's complete lack of care here.

Thank you
Georgina

Message 1 of 33
32 REPLIES 32

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144100 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
Common knowledge on the community unfortunately.
Many have tested data speed in various countries with the same poor results everywhere.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 21 of 33

darrengf
  • 2080 Posts
  • 60 Topics
  • 48 Solutions

@bexinthecity

And this List of people complaining about o2 travel just goes on.

you call o2 and they have no clue what your talking about and blame every foreign network. 

http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Other-Products-Services/Crippled-O2-Travel-Data/td-p/991683

Need Help, Just ask. We are one big Family here in the o2 Forum.
Use iPhone XS Max dual sim, SE, Honor 10, IPad Pro 11, Apple Watch 4 LTE, 100+ Mpbs Barrier and a Record Player.

Message 22 of 33

jonsie
  • 93157 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6953 Solutions

Yet some people have found data in Europe ok which I find strange. Luckily I found a chat agent who refunded my £4.99 after seeing I had used only 11MB and sent no texts at all.

Message 23 of 33

Cleoriff
  • 122772 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7463 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

Yet some people have found data in Europe ok which I find strange.

I do, but use it sparingly and don't rely on mobile data for everything.. with virtually unlimited access to WiFi. On the rare occasions I have to use it I find it ok....(and currently only talking about Southern Spain)

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 24 of 33

MI5
  • 144100 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
Those people are few and far between......
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 25 of 33

Cleoriff
  • 122772 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7463 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
Those people are few and far between......

I know. I am unique. 10 minutes from Malaga airport and 'home' ....To wifi.......LOL

I try hard to resist temptation till then....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 26 of 33

MI5
  • 144100 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
It entirely plausible that you are using your "unrestricted" allowance in that short space of time.
However, even that is somewhat mythical wink

Currently using:
Message 27 of 33

Cleoriff
  • 122772 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7463 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
It entirely plausible that you are using your "unrestricted" allowance in that short space of time.
However, even that is somewhat mythical wink

I would prefer to think that I have no burning urge to 'check my emails' immediately I land. I am good at resisting temptation you see...Happy Dance

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 28 of 33

bexinthecity
  • 153 Posts
  • 9 Topics
  • 4 Solutions

I mainly used O2 travel to look at maps when I was on holiday last week and timetables of buses/boats etc but after a while it became so useless I just went back to manually finding things - by going down the bus stop, marina etc lol.

Message 29 of 33

MI5
  • 144100 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions

@bexinthecity wrote:

I mainly used O2 travel to look at maps when I was on holiday last week and timetables of buses/boats etc but after a while it became so useless I just went back to manually finding things - by going down the bus stop, marina etc lol.

According to O2 you should get 100mb of data daily at normal network speed - after that it is restricted.

So in theory, you should be able to use exactly as normal for that first 100mb but t doesn't always work that way.

Currently using:
Message 30 of 33