cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 Refresh - 30GB Auto upgrade programme for iphone

Anonymous
Not applicable

So the new iphone is approaching and forcasr for maybe 16th September.

Last year I signed up to the Refresh 30Gb tarrif that entitles me to an upgrade to the new model after a year. The year will be up on 26th Spetember.

Does anyone know how O2 will handle this ?

If we have to wait until that date will a phone have been put aside for me on that date ?

or, will they let us have the new model on 16th September

or will they have run out by 26th due to low launch inventory and I have to wait an unknown amount of time ?

Anyone got any ideas ?

Message 1 of 32
31 REPLIES 31

DinoF
Level 12: Nimble
  • 603 Posts
  • 39 Topics
  • 4 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
Last year was a bit of an anti climax .

...that was because we went from iPhone 6 to 6S - no major biggy.

Its when we jump from 4 to 5, 5 to 6, or 6 to 7, that the panic sets in!!!

Be Prepared............

Drum

Message 21 of 32

PhoneChanger
Level 30: Meditator
  • 1343 Posts
  • 65 Topics
  • 101 Solutions
It will all depend on what Apple offer.... iPhone 7? 7 Plus? 7 Pro?
Message 22 of 32

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122369 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@DinoF wrote:

@MI5 wrote:
Last year was a bit of an anti climax .

...that was because we went from iPhone 6 to 6S - no major biggy.

Its when we jump from 4 to 5, 5 to 6, or 6 to 7, that the panic sets in!!!

Be Prepared............

Drum

Surely you mean Be Afraid...Be Very Afraid @DinoF Fear

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 23 of 32

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just because of the number change doesn't mean it's going to be the same as you think it will be

typical Apple Fanboi LOL

Message 24 of 32

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm on the same contract, but I'll do what I normally do...

The day or two before the announcement of the new iphone, I'll get a "quote" from envirofone. Their quote always drops the moment the new phone is announced. The quote is valid for 14 days. If I can get a new phone within that 14 days I post them my old one. If not, then I wait until a day before the quote runs out for them to send through the normal "here have another 7 days to decide" email. Then send it within that additional 7 days.

Last year I got £462 for my iphone 6 plus which paid off my contract and a big chunk of the down payment for the 6s plus.

Message 25 of 32

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

They also had a promo code last year, EXTRAFIVE, that gave an additional 5% on what they quote you. Not sure if they will do the same this year.

Message 27 of 32

Cleoriff
  • 122369 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

If it runs again this year that sounds like a good deal @Anonymous

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 28 of 32

Anonymous
Not applicable
Indeed. It worked out very well for me last year. I normally hand down my phones but none of my family wanted a plus. You're not under any obligation to actually send them your phone, so nothing to lose by getting a quote before the announcement.
Message 29 of 32

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm on this contract, which is scheduled to end on 3 Oct, and intend to upgrade to iphone 7 plus in jet black on o2 at no extra cost, as per the terms of my contract.

Is anyone any the wiser on how exactly this is going to work this year....do I just go to o2 store on 3 Oct or am I able to pre-order?

Only I've read about current lack of availability for my preferred model/config..... and won't be pleased to wait 3 weeks then go to the store to do the auto-upgrade on 3 Oct only to be told it will take more than 6 weeks to receive my new phone.

According to the website I can recycle my 6s plus 64gb for £360 and use it to pay the balance of the device plan off for £325 today, which would leave £35 towards the upfront cost of £79.99 and I'd have the option to choose a new tariff (maybe a lower one). But it looks like I'd lose the free accidental damage cover doing things this way, even if it would let me at least get my order in.

It would be nice if someone from o2 - maybe @Toby (hint hint) - could explain things clearly for me, and others in the same boat.

Message 30 of 32