cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 Refresh - 30GB Auto upgrade programme for iphone

Anonymous
Not applicable

So the new iphone is approaching and forcasr for maybe 16th September.

Last year I signed up to the Refresh 30Gb tarrif that entitles me to an upgrade to the new model after a year. The year will be up on 26th Spetember.

Does anyone know how O2 will handle this ?

If we have to wait until that date will a phone have been put aside for me on that date ?

or, will they let us have the new model on 16th September

or will they have run out by 26th due to low launch inventory and I have to wait an unknown amount of time ?

Anyone got any ideas ?

Message 1 of 32
31 REPLIES 31

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
No idea and I doubt anyone will know until o2 announce their plans, however, I suspect you will have to wait the full 12 months as per the terms of the agreements.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 32

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

I can't see a phone being put aside for you if honest. You might have changed your mind about an iPhone for instance...so how would they know. Also demand usually exceeds supply so ....'I can't wait for this launch'...:smileywink:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 32

Anonymous
Not applicable
They won't likely put aside one for you. You'll have to register or go on the day
Message 4 of 32

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

You will have to take your chances along with everyone else who wants the new model. Maybe you will be able to preorder but it's extremely unlikely there will be one put aside with your name on it. Not everyone will take up the option and they can sell stock as it comes in. It makes no business sense when turnover and profit is at the forefront of any business.

Message 5 of 32

DinoF
Level 12: Nimble
  • 603 Posts
  • 39 Topics
  • 4 Solutions

...well, I'm lucky, in that my 2 year contract, which was taken out with my current iPhone 6, naturally comes to an end this September - just in time for iPhone 7.

Bouncy

Message 6 of 32

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Weird how that has happened wink
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 7 of 32

PhoneChanger
Level 30: Meditator
  • 1343 Posts
  • 65 Topics
  • 101 Solutions
Ultimately no one knows other than O2, but it will certainly be interesting to see how they handle it, as part of the contract is for you to return your existing iPhone 6s, and they have to be in "good" condition, so I can't see this being managed in store.
Message 8 of 32

DinoF
  • 603 Posts
  • 39 Topics
  • 4 Solutions

@PhoneChanger wrote:
Ultimately no one knows other than O2, but it will certainly be interesting to see how they handle it,

...come on - when have you ever known an iPhone launch from O2, to run smoothly?!!!

It'll be the same shennanigans this year, as was last year, the year before that, and the year before that:

Apple announces new iPhone  - gets released a week later - O2 announce they'll have it a month later - forums go into overload with upset users (probably me included!!!! Astounded ) - people resort to going elsewhere for their handsets (IIRC - I did an iPhone 5 upgrade through Phones4U, the year the 5 came out as O2 did not have any stock for weeks.....)

Why do we do it to ourselves - EVERY YEAR?!!!!Weird

Message 9 of 32

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

@DinoF wrote:
Why do we do it to ourselves - EVERY YEAR?!!!!Weird

"Must have" mentality ?

"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Message 10 of 32